The goats are out there!

Dan Acker as Building and Grounds of PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School

Oct 11, 2015, 11:04:56 PM10/11/15
to buildinga...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Dave Barker as Communications of PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School, ptab...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org

Good evening all. The goats were placed today on school grounds . Michael from Get your Goat Rental put them out there Sunday about mid day. I have a payment request filled out but haven't turned it in to the PTA box at school yet. The goats will be out there for at least 4 days. There is an electrical fence around the area. I discussed the concern with Michael about the fence and he said that although it feels abnoxious to touch, it has no amps and wont harm.  I tried it myself and I had to pinch the wire on the fence hard just to get it to sting me. It wasn't bad at all. Not to say that is what we want kids to do or feel, I am only pointing out that I don't think its a serious liability. I wondered about the idea of placing another perimeter fence around the first one, most likely out of police tape but Michael and I agreed that kids would get under it. So, the idea on the table is to either leave the fence as is, or I purchase another subfence to put around the area to keep kids away from the fence at all. The sub fence would most likely be about $100 to $150.
Thoughts?

--
Dan Acker
Building & Grounds 2015-2016