20% Discount for Book Fair Volunteers!

Dana Brewer

Nov 11, 2019, 10:00:27 AM11/11/19
to gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, grad...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org
SHES Parents,

It’s that time of year where I now have an annual tradition of emailing y’all to ask for your help keeping the book fair open all week and to have plenty of volunteer coverage for the busiest times!  It’s going to be a great fair: the new company we’re using has a better quality inventory than our previous fairs, which I’m excited about.

As of now we have no one for 2:30 Monday week from today (the 18th) to accommodate kids and parents who want to shop at pick up.  Please sign up now (https://sagamorehills.bringit.bz/public/f8bcc9) for that or another open time Monday or later in the week to get your 20% discount on your purchases from teacher wish lists, your kids’ personal library, and Christmas gifts!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2018, at 1:04 PM, President of PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School <pres...@sagamorehillspta.org> wrote:

Hello,

We are still looking for a Room Parent Coordinator for this coming school year - more info below if you're interested.  This is a great way to get more involved with Sagamore and help your community/school.  An ideal candidate would have been a room parent in the past so you're generally familiar, but we're open to anyone who's game to take it on.

And if you're not quite game for room parent coordinator, but you'd like to get more involved and volunteer more with the PTA please sign-up here and let us know, so we can include you on future requests where we need help.  We will be looking for volunteers for the Aug 1st 2-4pm Open House (the event where kids find out their teachers, meet their teachers, sign-up for clubs, sign-up for after care program, etc.) so we'll be sending that sign-up sheet in the next week or so.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

--
Kim Wilson & Maggie Tucker
Co-Presidents
PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 8:57 AM, President of PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School <pres...@sagamorehillspta.org> wrote:
Hello,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!   The Sagamore Hills PTA is seeking a few additional leaders/volunteers - one of which we need right away for help with the Open House August 1st, and the other is for the 2019-2019 school year coming up.   Below are brief descriptions of the roles, but I also want to take two minutes to attempt to woo you into getting more involved in the PTA.

We're all busy... I get it, I'm right there with you.  Time is our most precious asset and we most of us probably feel like we never have enough of it.  Life is short though, and time spent involved in your child's school and community is time well spent and rewarding in so many ways.  Sagamore is an amazingly special community and school and it's because of the parent involvement.  Also, research actually shows that when the entire family is involved in their children's school, students do better.  We all make time for what's important to us, and I'm hoping a few of you will be willing to make some time for your child's school and the community you live in.  We need you ;)!

Our goal is to encourage you all to get involved in Sagamore in a way that interests you and that makes sense for your schedule.  There are many different options throughout the year... and this won't be our last ask, so if this one isn't right maybe a future one will be.  If you are interested in one of the below opportunities, please reply to this email.
  • Sagamore Open House Lead, August 1st, 2018 - There's a little bit of prep needed for this (a brief meeting or two this summer), but the bulk of the ask is to be the actual day of leader on August 1st from about 12pm - 5pm.  We have volunteers doing most of the prep, but some of us are out of town for the actual date and so we need help there. The open house is August 1st from 2-4pm, and we need someone to be the main lead who is running the event that day.  This will include setting up the cafeteria, meeting with the 40 volunteers to point them in the right direction and basically managing all of the variables on that day (computer lab, iPads, open house forms, etc.).  This could also be a team of a couple people who want to tag-team and take it on together.
  • Room Parent Coordinator 2018-2019 School Year - This is the person who helps to communicate and coordinate with the room parents for each classroom across Sagamore.  It's educating them on what they need to do as a room parent, getting them organized at start of the year, reminding them when there are room parent responsibilities coming up, coordinating gifts for some of the special/other teachers, etc.  It's not a super time demanding job, though it might be helpful if you've been a room parent in the past and/or are planning to be a room parent this upcoming year.  The previous room parent coordinator is happy to discuss the role with you if you have any questions or want to discuss it at all - Danielle Veader, cell: 678-612-7456.
  • General Volunteers - If you're not quite game for one of the above things, but you'd like to get more involved and volunteer more with the PTA please sign-up here and let us know, so we can include you on future requests where we need help.  And feel free to forward this sign-up to other family members, grandparents, or anyone that loves your kids & Sagamore!

Thank You,
Maggie

--
Maggie Tucker
Co-President 2018-2020
PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School

--
http://sagamorehillspta.org/groups
---

Dana Brewer

Nov 12, 2019, 11:28:01 AM11/12/19
to gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Grade Pre-kindergarten at Sagamore Hills Elementary School, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Grade Kindergarten at Sagamore Hills Elementary School
A big THANK YOU to all of you who responded yesterday or previously to the call for volunteers for next week's book fair.  Your time is what is needed to make this school fundraiser a success.

All who signed up will be getting information on the how to's needed to be successful. And hopefully the volunteer(s) from the previous shift can wait a moment, if needed, to help you get quickly up to speed as you rotate in.

I wasn't going to email again today, but I've found we have an open spot a week from today, Tuesday the 19th at 10:30, so here I am again in your inbox! That is a time where a teacher may choose to bring her whole class or let a few students go to purchases books, and I'd hate them to be disappointed to find it closed when the class scehdule has that time to allow.

While on the subject, we also will have to close Wednesday 20th 12:30 PM if we do not get a volunteer for this lunch-time hour that can be popular for shoppers.

And there are many additional shifts remaining where it'd be great to get more volunteers to accommodate the anticipated number of shoppers!  So go now and get your 20% on your book purchases by helping to volunteer:

Thank you, stay warm, and happy reading with your childre!
Dana

--
Dana K. Brewer