Fwd: a few updates for Sagamore Families this week

Communications of PTA at Sagamore Hills Elementary School

Oct 18, 2018, 10:20:20 AM10/18/18
to Grade Pre-kindergarten at Sagamore Hills Elementary School, Grade Kindergarten at Sagamore Hills Elementary School, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Grade 4 at Sagamore Hills Elementary School, Grade 5 at Sagamore Hills Elementary School

Hi everyone - We have a number of updates to share so we are grouping them together in one important email!

Reminder - tonight is International Night - come out with your kids to sample food from other countries and learn about them from 5-6:30!  We have a special request for parents who are able to take photos tonight from the event - we need your pictures for the yearbook!   Email them to Pho...@sagamorehillspta.org. If you have a nice real camera and could bring it to snap some photos - we'd appreciate it very much - but cell phone pics are great too!

Calling all student artists! The PTSA invites you to submit your original work of art to the annual Reflections Art Contest.This year's theme is Heroes Around Me. The purpose is to give you the opportunity to show off your creativity in the areas of Visual Arts, Photography, Literature, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, and Film Production. Entries are due October 24th.   CLICK HERE to download a Summary of Rules for Participation. Visit the front office for entry forms OR Download the Instructions and Entry Form HERE.

Request from Ms. Spencer (STEM teacher)  – she needs lots of shoe boxes - please send them in with your child! Also if you happen to get take out from Chopt – she would like the plastic bowls and lids when you are done!

Lakeside Construction Advisory Committee (CAC) will meet on Friday Oct. 19th to share updates on the planned expansion of Lakeside. We encourage public participation and ask any potential speakers to sign up prior to the meeting. Contact Katie Bell at Katie...@comcast.net to sign up to speak.

Public comment begins at 8:15AM.  NOTE: Due to the severe parking shortage at Lakeside we must hold meetings offsite. This one will be at the Briarcliff Woods Beach Club, 1830 Morris Landers Dr., Atlanta, GA 30345.

Also - it came to our attention that the inclusion email sent out on Monday was very small text if viewed on some mobile devices - here it is again if yours was hard to read.

A new Inclusion Committee has been added to our PTA.  The purpose of this committee is to identify any barriers or difficulties children and their families may experience while attempting to participate in our school community.  Both during the school day and during school activities.

Two main areas in our Inclusion committee will begin with are:

Support for those with disabilities and learning difficulties

Support for those who are non-native English speakers

Our first task is to poll all families and learn what specific challenges they may experience in gaining access to the full experience of our school community.  How can our Inclusion Committee provide support to your child and family to make you feel fully included in the social and academic experience at SHES?  Please email incl...@sagamorehillspta.org with your personal feedback, suggestions.  We are also in search of a native speaker of Spanish to join the committee and help in our mission to fully include all students at Sagamore Hills.  If you are interested, please reply to:  incl...@sagamorehillspta.org

Un nuevo Comité de inclusión ha sido agregado a nuestra Asociación de Padres y Maestros. El propósito de este Comité es identificar barreras o dificultades que los niños y sus familias puedan experimentar

 al intentar participar en nuestra comunidad escolar, tanto durante la jornada escolar como durante las actividades después de la escuela

Dos áreas principales con las que comenzará nuestro Comité de inclusión son:

Apoyo a aquellas personas con discapacidad y diferencias de aprendizaje.

Apoyo para aquellos que no tienen como lenguaje nativo al inglés

Nuestra PRIMERA TAREA es encuestar a TODAS las familias y aprender qué desafíos específicos pueden sentir al obtener acceso a la experiencia completa de nuestra comunidad escolar. ¿Cómo puede nuestro Comité de inclusión, brindar apoyo a su hijo y su familia para que se sientan plenamente incluidos en los ámbitos social y académico en la Escuela Primaria Sagamore Hills?

Por favor, envíen un correo electrónico a incl...@sagamorehillspta.org con sus comentarios, sugerencias e inquietudes. También estamos en busca de un hispanoparlante que se una al comité y ayude en nuestra misión de incluir completamente a todos los estudiantes en Sagamore Hills. Si están interesado, respondan a: incl...@sagamorehillspta.org

thank you!

--
Kira Kuhn-Elmore
Communications, 2017-2019

Shannon Mcginty (Sagamore Hills Elementary)

May 29, 2019, 11:57:30 AM5/29/19
to gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, gra...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, grad...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org

Here is a link to Sock Hop video...

Shannon M. Spillett, Registrar/Secretary

Sagamore Hills Elementary School

1865 Alderbrook Rd.

Atlanta, GA 30345

678) 874-7502-Phone