STEM Club material list

David Klein

Oct 26, 2014, 9:10:35 AM10/26/14
to st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Melia Foley, MELANIE MILLER
All,

The STEM Club students (grades 3-5) are making vehicles out of materials that would otherwise be thrown away or recycled this year. At the November 3rd session they will begin selecting their materials at the "scrap market". Do you have any of the items listed below laying around your house? If so, please bring them in to Ms. Foley's room so they can be used in their projects.

Thanks for all of your help.

David

ITEMS NEEDED:
Paper or Plastic Cups
Pencils or Pens
Small Cardboard Boxes (cracker, cereal, shoe)
Bobbins
Dowels
Soda Bottles or Juice Cartons
Plastic Deli Containers or Yogurt Containers
Skewers
Cardboard sheets (that can be cut)
Washers
Straws
Paper Towel Tubes
Coffee Stirrers
Paper or Plastic Plates
CDs (that you do not need back)
Toilet Paper Tubes
Soda Cans (empty)
Cup Lids

--
DAVID E.F. KLEIN

Dori Miller

Oct 26, 2014, 11:28:39 AM10/26/14
to davide...@gmail.com, st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Melia Foley, MELANIE MILLER
I am sending with Zachary Miller tomorrow, cds, straws and plastic plates.  He said he could give it to Ms Foley on his way in to class tomorrow.

Thank you

MELANIE MILLER

Oct 29, 2014, 8:20:51 AM10/29/14
to davide...@gmail.com, st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Melia Foley
Hello!
Our annual STEM egg drop challenge will be taking place on Friday,
November 14th. Each class will have a scheduled time to come out and test
their egg drop containers, culminating with a school wide egg drop of the
top designs at the end of the day!

Ms. Foley and I will not need any volunteers during the actual day (you
are more than welcome to come watch), but we do need some volunteers to
help in the preparation process. We need someone to call around to
businesses and try to get the eggs donated. Last year Oak Grove Market
donated all of the eggs, so that might be a good place to start. I
believe last year we had 4 gross donated.

If anyone has any thicker plastic tablecloths that we could use at our
drop point, we would greatly appreciate that as well. It helps for easy
clean-up! These probably will be ruined in the process.

If anyone would like to make signs to hang around the school to get the
kids excited about the egg drop, that would be great as well. If you are
interested in making signs, just contact me and I will give you all of the
information that you need.

Finally, if anyone can help with set-up the morning of the competition
(around 7:30) that would be a great help as well!

Thank you all for everything that you are doing to support the STEM
initiative at Sagamore! We appreciate you!

Melanie Miller
Discovery-Grades 2, 3, and 5
Sagamore Hills Elementary School
Melanie...@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us
http://millerdiscovery.weebly.com

Emily Clark

Oct 29, 2014, 2:39:54 PM10/29/14
to davide...@gmail.com, st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Melia Foley, MELANIE MILLER
I have several of these items. I'll bring them Friday.

Thank you,
Emily Clark

Gina Brock

Nov 1, 2014, 11:54:25 AM11/1/14
to Melanie...@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us, st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, davide...@gmail.com, Melia Foley

Hi melanie,

I am available to help, just give me an assignment.  I can go to dollar tree and buy $1 plastic disposable table clothes. Just let me know how many you need.

Best,
Gina

melanied...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2014, 3:05:25 PM11/10/14
to st...@groups.sagamorehillspta.org, Melanie...@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us, davide...@gmail.com, melia...@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us
Hi Gina!
Thank you!  We will probably need about 8 plastic tablecloths.  We appreciate your help!