Is anyone depending on medlow kernels?

Palmer Dabbelt

Apr 22, 2022, 9:50:53 PM4/22/22
to sw-...@groups.riscv.org
I just posted a patch to remove support for building medlow kernels, as
it's not clear anyone cares about that as a feature. I just sent out a
patch to drop support for building Linux as medlow. If anyone is
depending on medlow then please speak up, I'm happy to support something
if there's users but otherwise it doesn't seem worth the burden.

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20220423013814...@rivosinc.com

Bruce Hoult

Apr 22, 2022, 10:04:32 PM4/22/22
to Palmer Dabbelt, RISC-V SW Dev
This means Linux on 32 bit is not supported at all?

Palmer Dabbelt

Apr 22, 2022, 10:09:17 PM4/22/22
to br...@hoult.org, sw-...@groups.riscv.org
On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:04:18 PDT (-0700), br...@hoult.org wrote:
> This means Linux on 32 bit is not supported at all?

No, it'll just be medany. The default is medlow on rv32, but users can
select medany (and the bits of the kernel that can only be medany are
always that way, there's no option).