Soft-Core IP for RISC-V

KN Ganendra Murthy

Apr 25, 2022, 2:45:57 AM4/25/22
to sw-...@groups.riscv.org
Hii all,
Is it possible to run embedded linux through RISC-V soft core IP implementation.How to implement a basic RISC-V 64 bit instruction set soft-core ip.Kindly suggest

Thanks & Regards
KN Ganendra Murthy

Tommy Murphy

Apr 25, 2022, 4:35:13 AM4/25/22
to KN Ganendra Murthy, sw-...@groups.riscv.org
Is it possible to run embedded linux through RISC-V soft core IP implementation.

Of course, as long as the implementation is Linux capable. Why would you think otherwise?

> How to implement a basic RISC-V 64 bit instruction set soft-core ip.Kindly suggest

That's hardly something that could be covered in a mailing list post - especially with no outline scope (e.g. what HDL, what target (FPGA or other) platform etc.).

There are existing soft core IP implementations of RV64 available publicly. I would suggest that you start by studying some of those.

Bruce Hoult

Apr 25, 2022, 7:40:05 AM4/25/22
to KN Ganendra Murthy, RISC-V SW Dev
Of course.

The original "rocket" RISC-V core has configurations that run Linux. So does vexriscv. So does CVA6. Probably others, but those are the best known.