Profiling Instructions in Spike

riscv21

Jan 31, 2024, 11:59:16 PMJan 31
to RISC-V SW Dev

Hi everyone,

I'm running an executable file on RISCV Linux using the Spike. I'm trying to figure out how many instructions are in that specific executable (excluding Linux itself, just the executable). Unfortunately, I haven't found a straightforward solution yet. If anyone has experience with profiling instructions in Spike, I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations!

Thank you!

Swapnil Agrawal

May 10, 2024, 4:30:32 AMMay 10
to RISC-V SW Dev, riscv21
You can use riscv-unknown-elf-objdump to generate the disassembly for the executable. It will have the instructions present in the executable. No need to run the executable in spike to know the instructions present in it.