Integrate riscv-none-elf-gcc into Arduino IDE?

Liviu Ionescu

May 18, 2022, 4:17:39 AM5/18/22
to RISC-V SW Dev
I was wondering perhaps it would be of interest to integrate integrate the xPack riscv-none-elf-gcc toolcahin into Arduino IDE for use with RISC-V projects?

stm32duino successfully integrated the xPack arm-none-eabi-gcc toolchain, so I guess it shouldn't be very difficult for the RISC-V community to use a similar configuration.

Personally I don't have experience with Arduino, but if someone is interested, I am willing to help.

I created a thread in the project Discussion to keep track of possible suggestion:

Bruce Hoult

May 18, 2022, 4:38:15 AM5/18/22
to Liviu Ionescu, RISC-V SW Dev
The original HiFive1 came with Arduino support in December 2016. All my early experimentation with the board used the Arduino IDE and libraries. It was very convenient. Arduino support was dropped for the HiFive1 rev B. I don't know for sure, but I doubt there's much needs changing beyond the different flash size and program load location, and using Segger instead of OpenOCD to upload the program.

Those sources are here: https://github.com/sifive/cinco

Liviu Ionescu

May 18, 2022, 9:54:50 AM5/18/22
to RISC-V SW Dev, Bruce Hoult, RISC-V SW Dev, Liviu Ionescu
Thank you Bruce for the link to the project.

I personally don't plan any Arduino work, but if anyone is interested in using Arduino for RISC-V boards, can use the xPack toolchain without problems.

Liviu