Regarding --enable-commitlog

Aditya Kumar cs20m009

Oct 18, 2021, 6:24:34 AM10/18/21
to RISC-V SW Dev
Hi there,
I am not able to lg anything, after running spike. I am getting the below error:

"Commit logging support has not been properly enabled; please re-build the riscv-isa-sim project using "configure --enable-commitlog"."

Where do I need to run "configure --enable-commitlog"?  Please help

Tommy Murphy

Oct 18, 2021, 6:29:25 AM10/18/21
to Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev
> Where do I need to run "configure --enable-commitlog"?

When configuring Spike before doing make [install].

Oct 18, 2021, 5:04:28 PM10/18/21
to Tommy Murphy, Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev
To be clear, you need to add "--enable-commitlog" to the existing options on your configure command, not do a separate one :-)

Tommy Murphy

Oct 18, 2021, 5:28:33 PM10/18/21
to Bruce Hoult, Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev
Not really sure why the original poster felt the need to create another thread on this...

Oct 22, 2021, 4:51:33 AM10/22/21
to RISC-V SW Dev, tommy_...@hotmail.com, Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev, Bruce Hoult
I have configured my spike by --enable-commitlog and builded it.
But, while executing a command the below command:
spike --log spike.log --log-commits --isa=rv64imach fw_payload.elf

I am getting the below error:
spike: unrecognized option --log
Try 'spike --help' for  more information.

Why am I getting this error, even after enabling commitlog?

Tommy Murphy

Oct 22, 2021, 6:40:11 AM10/22/21
to Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev, Aditya Kumar cs20m009, RISC-V SW Dev, Bruce Hoult
What if you do

spike -l --log=spike.log --log-commits --isa=rv64imach fw_payload.elf

Note the '='.