Public review for the Base ISAs - RV32E & RV64E

Stephano Cetola

Aug 22, 2022, 7:59:50 PM8/22/22
to isa...@groups.riscv.org, Krste Asanovic, Earl Killian
Many of you are already familiar with the two reduced bases RV32E and
RV64E. The RV32E base had been around for a long time in draft form in
the Unprivileged ISA document, and the RV64E form has also been used
for a long time. Implementations have been shipped from various
vendors and support for these bases exists in toolchains. We are now
pushing these forward to ratification.

The public review period begins today, August 22, and ends on October
6 (inclusive).

You can find the PDF on GitHub in Chapter 6 of the Unprivileged ISA:
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-isa-manual/releases/download/draft-20220707-f518c25/riscv-spec.pdf

To respond to the public review, please email comments to the public
isa-dev mailing list or add issues to the github repo. We welcome all
input and appreciate your time and effort in helping us by reviewing
the specification.

During the public review period, corrections, comments, and
suggestions, will be gathered for review by the Unprivileged ISA
Committee. Any minor corrections and/or uncontroversial changes will
be incorporated into the specification. Any remaining issues or
proposed changes will be addressed in the public review summary
report. If there are no issues that require incompatible changes to
the public review specification, the Unprivileged ISA Committee will
recommend the updated specifications be approved and ratified by the
RISC-V Technical Steering Committee and the RISC-V Board of Directors.

Kind regards,
Stephano
--
Stephano Cetola