Public review for standard extension Sv57

Stephano Cetola

Sep 22, 2021, 6:40:27 PM9/22/21
to isa...@groups.riscv.org
All,

When we sent out the Priv 1.12 specification updates last week we
missed inclusion of Sv57, a page-based virtual-memory extension that
expands the virtual-address size to 57 bits for RV64 systems. Sv57 has
long been mentioned as a reserved pattern in the satp.MODE field, and
we had intended to finally formalize it as part of Priv 1.12.

We’ve prepared a PDF with this one extension highlighted here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwdvZSXhhfvxObVHDNpsfUrJq7Rpep9t/view?usp=sharing

Also, you can view all the specs currently under public review here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1soGI__HytotOkoJtgTYD0nzf82Zhp5nWw1Mcgqvbn8o/edit?usp=sharing

The review period begins today, Wednesday Sept 22, and ends on
Saturday Nov 6 (inclusive).

To respond to the public review, please email comments to the public
isa-dev mailing list. We welcome all input and appreciate your time
and effort in helping us by reviewing the specification.

During the public review period, corrections, comments, and
suggestions, will be gathered for review by the Privileged ISA
Committee. Any minor corrections and/or uncontroversial changes will
be incorporated into the specification. Any remaining issues or
proposed changes will be addressed in the public review summary
report. If there are no issues that require incompatible changes to
the public review specification, the Privileged ISA Committee will
recommend the updated specifications be approved and ratified by the
RISC-V Technical Steering Committee and the RISC-V Board of Directors.

Thanks to all the contributors for all their hard work.

Kind Regards,
Stephano
--
Stephano Cetola