Implementing SiFive FPGA Pmod shell into Rocket chip

Jack Davidson

Nov 30, 2021, 3:54:49 PM11/30/21
to RISC-V HW Dev
Hi all,

I'm looking to implement FPGA Pmod support into an existing Rocket chip configuration, and found the SiFive overlay shells here. How should I go about attempting to implement these, or is there a better way to add this functionality? I haven't come across any methods that seem appropriate

I'm new to RISC-V, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack

Tommy Murphy

Nov 30, 2021, 5:25:35 PM11/30/21
to Jack Davidson, RISC-V HW Dev
Did you see this already in case it's of any use?

Jack Davidson

Dec 1, 2021, 9:52:43 AM12/1/21
to RISC-V HW Dev, tommy_...@hotmail.com, Jack Davidson
I did see that, but have had trouble making use of it. Ideally the RISC core would use one of the fabric-connected Pmod ports, so AXI wouldn't be a factor unless I'm mistaken.