Call for Participation in the RISC-V BitManip Task Group

McCrary, Rex

Jul 25, 2017, 2:39:14 PM7/25/17
to isa...@groups.riscv.org

All,

We are resuming the RISC-V BitManip Task Group Meetings in August and would like all interested parties to join us.

I am also looking for someone to join me in this effort as RISC-V BitManip Task Group Vice Chair.

Join the group: Please follow the applicable steps below to join the Bitmanip Task Group.

1. If you are not yet a Foundation member (even if your company is), or if you want to join as an individual, please go to https://riscv.org/membership-application  and sign up.

2. Once you are a Foundation member,  signup for an account on the Task Committee workspace, by going to https://workspace.riscv.org/kws/groups , and clicking on the “SIGNUP" link located at the upper right corner of the page.

3. Fill the form out and submit.

4. Login to https://workspace.riscv.org/kws/groups with your newly created username and password.

5. Go to https://workspace.riscv.org/higherlogic/ws/groups/bitmanip group.

6. Click on the “Join Group” link to join the Bitmanip Group.

Meeting Schedule: We are meeting for five straight weeks, starting Thursday August 3.  This will accelerate the resume process and if you can’t make one of the meetings there will be another one in a week.  We will likely move to every other week after August, but we can reevaluate the meeting frequency, and the time of day, and day of week at that time to ensure it is as optimal as possible for the active participants.

Meeting Notes: If anyone wants to be the note taker on a regular bases, let me know.  Our goal is to send out the notes right after or at least within 24 hours of the meeting.  The notes will be posted on the Bitmanip website (https://workspace.riscv.org/kws/groups/bitmanip) and an email will be sent when the notes are posted.

Meeting Agendas: The agenda for each meeting will be posted on the Bitmanip website at least 48 hour in advance so people can plan accordingly.

Group Docs: Proposal Drafts will posted on the Bitmanip website at least 48 hour in advance so people can read it before the meeting.  Simulation results, benchmark data, etc., will be posted when they are available.  For the meeting on August 3, the document will be sent a full week in advance.

Rex McCrary

RISC-V BitManip Task Group Chair