CONTRIBUTOR.md

Kurt Seifried

Feb 4, 2022, 11:37:48 PMFeb 4
to GSD Discussion Group
I've created a draft CONTRIBUTOR.md at https://github.com/kurtseifried/gsd-database/blob/contributor/CONTRIBUTOR.md

Can we wordsmith it/hash it out a bit, I think it's reasonably correct but I definitely might have missed something or gotten it wrong.

It's in a draft pull request for now

Kurt Seifried (He/Him)
Chief Blockchain Officer and Director of Special Projects
Cloud Security Alliance

Kurt Seifried

Feb 5, 2022, 12:23:22 AMFeb 5
to GSD Discussion Group
On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 9:37 PM Kurt Seifried <ksei...@cloudsecurityalliance.org> wrote:
I've created a draft CONTRIBUTOR.md at https://github.com/kurtseifried/gsd-database/blob/contributor/CONTRIBUTOR.md

Can we wordsmith it/hash it out a bit, I think it's reasonably correct but I definitely might have missed something or gotten it wrong.

It's in a draft pull request for now

Josh Bressers pointed out we should have a branch(es) in the main repo to work on and coordinate activity so I've created a branch called "draft-docs" and redone the pull request to point at it:

Josh Bressers

Feb 5, 2022, 11:37:38 AMFeb 5
to Kurt Seifried, GSD Discussion Group
Thanks Kurt!

I don't think this is the right place for this document to exist long term, but I don't want to let perfect stand in the way of "good enough", so let's go with it.

I'm also going to start a TODO list here

--
     Josh

Kurt Seifried

Feb 15, 2022, 12:05:49 AMFeb 15
to Josh Bressers, GSD Discussion Group
Can I suggest as an interim process (or maybe longer-term) we adopt the CONTRIBUTOR.md in say a week or two if nobody has strong objections/finds things in it that need fixing?

I would further say as we're actually open to change and improvements we don't have to get it perfect the first time, we can course-correct if needed.

Kurt Seifried (He/Him)
Chief Blockchain Officer and Director of Special Projects
Cloud Security Alliance

Palash Oswal

Feb 15, 2022, 11:46:07 AMFeb 15
to Kurt Seifried, Josh Bressers, GSD Discussion Group
Hi Kurt,

I made some minor changes and I've proposed a PR https://github.com/cloudsecurityalliance/gsd-database/pull/2249 that covers some more details from yesterday's meteting.
Please take a look and feel free to make any changes.

Best Regards,

Palash