Proper Introduction

thatohgi

Feb 4, 2022, 11:44:01 AMFeb 4
to GSD Discussion Group

Hey group, I'm new to open source and dev, I've been looking for a project to participate in but nothing really jumped out at me until this one. Sorry I put my first intro at an inopportune conversation, I was excited to reach out and get started.

I'm interested this project for a few  reasons, but these are the main two. One it is still early enough I feel confident jumping in without being overwhelmed and secondly who doesn't love staying up-to-date with the most current CVEs!

So far I have been looking around to better understand the layout and how reports are structured. I am in a novice so I am not sure how much I will contribute but I look forward to making a pull request when I find something!

Josh Bressers

Feb 4, 2022, 8:44:09 PMFeb 4
to thatohgi, GSD Discussion Group
Hi thatohgi,

Welcome aboard!

How you want to be involved is up to you. We're still a bit on the new side and are less organized than any of us would like.

If you're looking to help out and not sure where to start feel free to reply here, or even reply to me. There's plenty to do.

--
     Josh

Devharsh Trivedi

Feb 4, 2022, 11:14:56 PMFeb 4
to GSD Discussion Group, Josh Bressers, GSD Discussion Group, thatohgi
Hi all, I am pursuing a Ph.D. in Cybersecurity and would love to collaborate for research. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

David Biscan

Feb 5, 2022, 10:59:56 AMFeb 5
to Josh Bressers, thatohgi, GSD Discussion Group
Hi Josh and all,

I'm pretty much in the same boat here. I've been hanging back and gathering what I can from the discussions going on in the various threads, I'm trying to figure out where I can contribute. If there's a TODO list or something us newcomers can take a look at maybe we could contribute where our strengths or interests lie. I think this is a great idea and I'd like to help get it going, just point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can to help.

Best Regards,
David

--
-David

Josh Bressers

Feb 5, 2022, 12:03:22 PMFeb 5
to David Biscan, thatohgi, GSD Discussion Group
Awesome, hello to you both David and Devharsh!

I put together a very high level TODO here

It's sort of a brain dump, it needs to exist in a policy repo, but that's OK, it's a start.

Feel free to ask lots of questions, these are not well explained TODO items in many cases (I suppose you could think of having a proper list of TODO things as another entry :)

If anyone elase has anything that should be added, please submit a PR.

An easy first thing could be renaming the file to have a .md extension so github knows what to do with it.

--
     Josh

David Biscan

Feb 5, 2022, 8:36:16 PMFeb 5
to Josh Bressers, thatohgi, GSD Discussion Group
Cool, thanks man! This is a great start.
Looking forward to working with you gents (and ma'am's as well, not trying to be uninclusive)
Best Regards,
David
--
-David