[cabfpub] Mailman migration

Martijn Katerbarg

Jun 6, 2024, 6:11:17 AMJun 6
to manag...@cabforum.org, pub...@cabforum.org

All,

Please note, this email is sent to both the management and public list for full visibility.

As has been discussed in the past, and further explained at the recent F2F, we’re working on migrating the mailman mailing lists to Google Groups.

The final piece of the puzzle, importing existing mailman messages into Google Groups, has now been resolved, meaning we’re ready to start our migration. As such, here is a reminder of the changes for everyone:

  • We will migrate all our mailman lists from mailman to Google Groups.
  • All existing messages in mailman will be imported into the corresponding Google Groups mailing lists.
  • All existing mailing list members will automatically be made member in the new corresponding Google Groups mailing lists.
  • The migration will be on a per list and per WG basis. The infra team will work together with the WG Chairs to co-ordinate the migration in order to not disrupt ongoing discussions and to not perform the migration during an ongoing ballot.
  • For the public available lists, anyone will be able to read these in the Google Groups WebUI.
  • For the management/private lists, only subscribed members who have their email address associated with a Google Account, will be able to read these in the Google Groups WebUI.
  • For all lists, only subscribed members who have their email address associated with a Google Account, will be able to respond to messages in the Google Groups WebUI.
  • For all lists, all subscribed members will be able to post and reply through email, even if they do not have a Google Account.
  • For all lists, all subscribed members will receive posts through email, even if they do not have a Google Account.
  • All CABF Google Groups will be titled akin to “Groupname (CA/B Forum)” for easy identification.

Barring any last minute objections, we will start the migration process and WG-outreach as early as next week.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Martijn