[cabfpub] Voting Period Begins: Ballot FORUM-022: Establish Forum IPR Subcommittee

1 view

Ben Wilson

May 15, 2024, 11:01:32 AMMay 15
to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

Ballot FORUM-022:  Establish Forum IPR Subcommittee

Proposed by Ben Wilson of Mozilla and endorsed by Roman Fischer of SwissSign and Clint Wilson of Apple.

Purpose of Ballot

The CA/Browser Forum’s Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy and associated documentation were last revised in 2018. Since then, there have been requests for clarification about application of the IPR Policy to contributions of non-Forum Members, and sections of the IPR Policy and documentation have been identified as needing amendment, including the form for filing and handling of Essential Claim Exclusion Notices. It is proposed that a Charter be adopted establishing a Forum IPR Subcommittee (FIPR) and that the proposed scope of the FIPR be to update and improve the IPR Policy and associated documentation and to discuss the following:

(a) How to address contributions provided by non-Forum Members (e.g., invited experts, guest speakers, researchers, etc.);

(b) If any clarifications and/or changes are necessary to the IPR Policy in view of recent events; and

(c) A potential contributor license agreement for the Forum’s GitHub repository and policy for contributing to the Forum’s GitHub repository.

Following the passage of this ballot:

  • A new Forum IPR Subcommittee will be formed under the CA/Browser Forum, as outlined in section 5.6 of the Bylaws (Forum Subcommittees);
  • Mailing list(s), GitHub repository(ies), Wiki resource(s), and other collaboration tools will be established as needed to enable the Forum Subcommittee to fulfill its charter; and
  • The Forum Subcommittee will publish a set of recommended revisions to the IPR Policy and associated documentation for the Forum to adopt.

MOTION BEGINS

Establish Forum IPR Subcommittee

Upon approval from the CA/Browser Forum by ballot in accordance with sections 2.3 and 5.6 of the Forum Bylaws, the Forum IPR Subcommittee (“FIPR”) is created to perform the activities as specified in the Charter, which is found here:

https://github.com/cabforum/forum/compare/30de00ae9672088cf618706b9e7c464fa8c34c51...b50bc495ced317c437ed6b397bb4fb574484b56b

MOTION ENDS

The procedure for approval of this ballot is as follows:

Discussion (7+ days)

Start Time: 2024-May-06 22:00 UTC

End Time: After 2024-May-13 22:00 UTC

Vote for approval (7 days)

Start Time:  2024-May-15 15:00 UTC

End Time:  2024-May-22 15:00 UTC

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA)

May 16, 2024, 4:41:05 AMMay 16
to pub...@cabforum.org
HARICA votes "yes" to ballot FORUM-022.

Backman, Antti

May 16, 2024, 4:55:05 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

Telia votes ’Yes’ on Ballot FORUM-002

//Antti

Bruce Morton

May 16, 2024, 9:29:21 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

Entrust votes Yes to ballot FORUM-022.

Bruce.

Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.

Tim Hollebeek

May 16, 2024, 9:36:59 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CABforum1

DigiCert votes YES on FORUM-022.

-Tim

Michael Guenther

May 16, 2024, 10:00:36 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

SwissSign votes yes on Ballot Forum-022

Mike

Ben Wilson

May 16, 2024, 10:27:18 AMMay 16
to Backman, Antti, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
Mozilla votes "Yes" on Forum-022, and I'll assume that is what was meant by Antti.

Tugba ÖZCAN (BILGEM KSM)

May 16, 2024, 10:54:45 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CA
Kamu SM votes 'YES' on Ballot Forum-022.

Tuğba ÖZCAN

Head Of e-Signature Technologies

TÜBİTAK/BİLGEM/Kamu SM

Çamlıca Mahallesi 408. Cadde No: 136

C Blok 5. Kat Yenimahalle/Ankara

Dahili:8543

tugba...@tubitak.gov.tr

Inigo Barreira

May 16, 2024, 11:04:16 AMMay 16
to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

Sectigo votes yes

to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

eMudhra votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022

From: Public <public-...@cabforum.org> on behalf of Ben Wilson via Public <pub...@cabforum.org>
Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 9:02 AM
To: CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List <pub...@cabforum.org>

CAUTION: This email is originated from outside of the organization. Do not open the links or the attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

Disclaimer: The email and its contents hold confidential information and are intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited as per Company Policy, you are requested to notify the sender and delete the email and associated attachments with it from your system.

Brittany Randall

May 16, 2024, 10:47:35 PMMay 16
to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List, Ben Wilson
GoDaddy votes Yes on Forum-022

Thanks,

Brittany

to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
JPRS votes YES to Ballot FORUM-022.

Yoshihiko Matsuo

On 2024/05/16 0:02, Ben Wilson via Public wrote:
> *Ballot FORUM-022:Establish Forum IPR Subcommittee*

> Proposed by Ben Wilson of Mozilla and endorsed by Roman Fischer of SwissSign and Clint Wilson of Apple.
>

> *Purpose of Ballot*

> The CA/Browser Forum’s Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy and associated documentation were last revised in 2018. Since then, there have been requests for clarification about application of the IPR Policy to contributions of non-Forum Members, and sections of the IPR Policy and documentation have been identified as needing amendment, including the form for filing and handling of Essential Claim Exclusion Notices. It is proposed that a Charter be adopted establishing a Forum IPR Subcommittee (FIPR) and that the proposed scope of the FIPR be to update and improve the IPR Policy and associated documentation and to discuss the following:
>
> (a) How to address contributions provided by non-Forum Members (e.g., invited experts, guest speakers, researchers, etc.);
>
> (b) If any clarifications and/or changes are necessary to the IPR Policy in view of recent events; and
>
> (c) A potential contributor license agreement for the Forum’s GitHub repository and policy for contributing to the Forum’s GitHub repository.
>

> *Following the passage of this ballot:*
>
> * A new Forum IPR Subcommittee will be formed under the CA/Browser Forum, as outlined in section 5.6 of the Bylaws (Forum Subcommittees);
> * Mailing list(s), GitHub repository(ies), Wiki resource(s), and other collaboration tools will be established as needed to enable the Forum Subcommittee to fulfill its charter; and
> * The Forum Subcommittee will publish a set of recommended revisions to the IPR Policy and associated documentation for the Forum to adopt.
>
> /MOTION BEGINS/
>
> *Establish Forum IPR Subcommittee*

> Upon approval from the CA/Browser Forum by ballot in accordance with sections 2.3 and 5.6 of the Forum Bylaws, the Forum IPR Subcommittee (“FIPR”) is created to perform the activities as specified in the Charter, which is found here:
>

> https://github.com/cabforum/forum/compare/30de00ae9672088cf618706b9e7c464fa8c34c51...b50bc495ced317c437ed6b397bb4fb574484b56b <https://github.com/cabforum/forum/compare/30de00ae9672088cf618706b9e7c464fa8c34c51...b50bc495ced317c437ed6b397bb4fb574484b56b>
>
> /MOTION ENDS/
>
> *The procedure for approval of this ballot is as follows:*
>
> _Discussion_ (7+ days)
>
> *Start Time*: 2024-May-06 22:00 UTC
>
> *End Time*: After 2024-May-13 22:00 UTC
>
> _Vote for approval_ (7 days)
>
> *Start Time:* 2024-May-15 15:00 UTC
>
> *End Time: * 2024-May-22 15:00 UTC

Wayne Thayer

    Clint Wilson

    May 17, 2024, 7:30:05 PMMay 17
    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
    Apple votes YES on FORUM-022.

    大野 文彰

    May 20, 2024, 6:56:17 AMMay 20
    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    SECOM Trust Systems votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Best Regards,

    ONO, Fumiaki

    SECOM Trust Systems Co., Ltd.

    to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
    Certum votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022

    Kind regards,

    Kateryna Aleksieieva

    Od: Public <public-...@cabforum.org> w imieniu użytkownika Ben Wilson via Public <pub...@cabforum.org>
    Wysłane: środa, 15 maja 2024 17:02
    Do: CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List <pub...@cabforum.org>

    Ryan Dickson

    Andrea Holland

    May 20, 2024, 10:56:07 AMMay 20
    to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    VikingCloud votes "Yes" on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Regards,

    Andrea

    Company Registration Details
    VikingCloud is the registered business name of Sysxnet Limited. Sysxnet Limited is registered in Ireland under company registration number 147176 and its registered office is at 1st Floor, Block 71a, The Plaza, Park West Business Park, Dublin 12, Ireland.

    Email Disclaimer
    The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Sysxnet Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt..

    Rollin.Yu

    May 20, 2024, 11:25:54 PMMay 20
    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
    TrustAsia votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Best regards,
    Rollin Yu

    Mads Egil Henriksveen

    May 21, 2024, 2:39:51 AMMay 21
    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    Buypass votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Regards

    Mads

    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
    GDCA votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022.
    Thanks.

    Jozef Nigut

    May 21, 2024, 4:20:03 AMMay 21
    to Ben Wilson, CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    Disig votes YES on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Regards

    Jozef Nigut

    to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    CommScope votes “YES” on ballot FORUM-022.

    Christophe Bonjean

    May 22, 2024, 5:27:06 AMMay 22
    to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    GlobalSign votes “Yes” on ballot FORUM-022.

    Christophe

    Silva, Marcelo

    May 22, 2024, 1:35:48 PMMay 22
    to CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List

    Visa votes Yes on Ballot FORUM-022.

    Marcelo

    Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA)

    May 23, 2024, 12:43:44 AMMay 23
    to pub...@cabforum.org
    Hello Marcelo,

    Your vote was received after the end of the voting period so it will not count in the results.

    Thank you,
    Dimitris
    CA/B Forum Chair