Request for Feedback on CA/Browser Forum IPR Policy

Ben Wilson

Jul 12, 2024, 12:18:35 PM (10 days ago) Jul 12
to pub...@groups.cabforum.org
Dear CA/Browser Forum Members,

We are pleased to announce that the Forum's Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Subcommittee held its inaugural meeting on July 1, and our next meeting is scheduled for July 15. The primary purpose of these meetings is to review and update the Forum's IPR Policy and associated documentation to ensure that they effectively address our needs and challenges. We have a tight schedule because the charter expires on October 1.

We are seeking your feedback and suggestions. Dimitris opened Issue #44 in GitHub and requested that you provide your comments. We encourage all members to do so (either in Issue #44 or as a separate one, tagged with the label "IPR").

Here is a summary of our last meeting.

  • Co-Chairs: Anna Weinberg (Apple), Brian Holland (Sectigo), Ishna Neamatullah (Google), and Ben Wilson (Mozilla) will serve as co-chairs and rotate running the meetings.
  • Prioritization of Work: We discussed the need to categorize and prioritize issues to address.
  • Non-Member Contributions: The group discussed the need to close potential loopholes and obtain IP obligations from non-members, special guests, academics, etc.
  • GitHub Contributions: We also need to create a policy/procedure for GitHub contributions.
  • Next Steps: The group will seek feedback from the Forum at large.

We appreciate your participation and look forward to your valuable input. Please provide your comments here or in Issue #44 in GitHub and feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further information.

Best regards,

Ben Wilson
CA/Browser Forum IPR Subcommittee