Membership Change Request form difficult to find

Aaron Gable

Jun 27, 2024, 1:50:14 PMJun 27
to infrast...@groups.cabforum.org
In my experience, the Membership Change Request form is very difficult to find. I cannot find it linked anywhere on cabforum.org itself (and google appears to agree with me), on member-tools.cabforum.org, nor on wiki.cabforum.org. Every time I need it, I have to find it in my email history from times that people have requested membership changes via email and been provided with a link to the form instead.

I'm sure this is a me-problem, and that the form is provided somewhere, but the fact that I can't find it and the regular membership change email requests suggest that it could be more prominent.

Can we link it from a few additional places? Spots that I have expected it might exist include:

Thanks,
Aaron

Martijn Katerbarg

Jun 27, 2024, 2:02:41 PMJun 27
to infrast...@groups.cabforum.org

+1

I’d like to state a goal we have to get rid of the form and instead provide selfservice options in the membertools. But, that may take some time yet.

In the meantime I made a minor change on https://member-tools.cabforum.org/help

Regards,

Martijn

From: 'Aaron Gable' via Infrastructure (CA/B Forum) <infrast...@groups.cabforum.org>
Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 19:50
To: infrast...@groups.cabforum.org <infrast...@groups.cabforum.org>
Subject: [Infrastructure] Membership Change Request form difficult to find

Aaron Gable

Jun 27, 2024, 2:15:04 PMJun 27
to infrast...@groups.cabforum.org

Thank you! And yeah agreed, having this built directly into the member-tools portal will be great, but this is a huge help as a temporary measure.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Wayne Thayer

Jun 27, 2024, 2:15:15 PMJun 27
to infrast...@groups.cabforum.org
The form is intended to be for member use only, so my preference would be to keep this link off of the public website.

The form can currently be found at https://wiki.cabforum.org/books/forum/page/cabrowser-forum-members on the wiki but I agree that this is not obvious, and the wiki search function is useless. I'll see if I can find a better location for it on the wiki, in addition to Martijn's update to the membership system.

Thanks,

Wayne