[Infrastructure] Draft Minutes of Meeting 13-Dec-2023

Ben Wilson

Dec 13, 2023, 6:32:01 PM12/13/23
to Ben Wilson via Infrastructure
Here are the draft minutes from today's call:

Minutes of Infrastructure Committee – 13-December-2023

Present:  Ben Wilson, Dean Coclin, Iñigo Barreira, Paul Van Brouwershaven, Wayne Thayer, and Roman Fischer

Ben read the Note Well.

The major topic for discussion was the creation of procedures documents for handling tasks related to new and existing members. Iñigo asked whether anything could be added to Member Tools to facilitate the processing of applications and onboarding of new members.  The creation of a handbook for working group chairs was also recommended. Process flows need to consider applicants for full membership (Certificate Issuers and Certificate Consumers), interested parties, associate members and probationary members. Procedures need to address all possibilities and information needs to be collected for which working group and subcommittees the member wants to join, the names of voting representatives, etc. Checklist documents will be needed, as well as a calendar that can be transitioned to a new working group chair when the existing chair leaves office. (E.g. how would we track the 6-month probationary period during a transition to new leadership?)

Iñigo said he would prepare a list of the documents of which he is aware and provide a framework for dealing with the issues he encounters.  We’ll need to prepare an outline of the handbook. The handbook could be generic and useable by all working groups, with appendices for things that specifically apply only to one working group.

Instructions for the Member Tools are also needed. It’s unclear how to update a person’s record if they leave a company. Also, it was noted that there are a couple of member self-management options that members should use, which they should be able to find through links available on the wiki – one using Member Tools and one using a Google Form.

Paul also suggested that we transition from WordPress to GoHugo (https://gohugo.io). Then, we can manage the website’s member lists, ballots, guideline documents, and minutes more easily using GitHub. He said he has had a favorable experience doing so with another organization.

The meeting on December 27th is cancelled.

Meeting adjourned.