uamallowed option of CoovaChilli

Rishabbh A Dua

Jul 1, 2015, 5:32:23 AM7/1/15
to grase-...@grasehotspot.org
Hi Tim

I was testing "uamallowed" an option of CoovaChilli. But I didnt find desired result.

Desired result:
An unauthenticated grase user must be allowed to access a specific website.

Process to add this option:

# added a new row in radius database
in mysql,
use radius;
insert into radreply(Username, Attribute, op, Value) values ('CoovaChilli', 'ChilliSpot-Config', "+=", "uamallowed=http://www.google.com");

#insert was successful, so i rebooted my server to see if the config was set and implemented by grase but it wasn't, i was not able to access google.com without authenticating.

Please guide if i missed something.

Also, how can i enable the debug of grase, CoovaChilli and freeradius.

Thanks and regards.

Timothy White

Jul 1, 2015, 6:03:20 AM7/1/15
to grase-...@grasehotspot.org
On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Rishabbh A Dua <duari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I was testing "uamallowed" an option of CoovaChilli. But I didnt find
> desired result.
>
> Desired result:
> An unauthenticated grase user must be allowed to access a specific website.
>
> Process to add this option:
>
> # added a new row in radius database

Is there any reason you are trying to manually edit the database?
In the Admin Interface, under "Coova Chilli Settings" there is a spot
for "Walled Garden allowed hosts" which is the uamallowed setting.
There is also the "Walled garden allowed domains" which is the
uamdomain settings.

Chilli should automatically restart within 10 minutes of changing this setting.

Remember the the Allowed Hosts is a DNS to IP lookup at startup, so
isn't useful if IP's change or are in a CDN for example. Also doesn't
work if the site random.com redirects to www.random.com which is on a
different IP address.

I've just testing the nightly builds, and the uamallowed setting is
working no problem.

Regards

Tim