Ask for support of texture changing after char's contact

0 h1x

Oct 13, 2021, 1:58:53 PM10/13/21
to Golaem List
Hi everyone, I would like to change the shader of human after the zombie bite them, so they can turn into zombie too, wish the a different shader or shader filter to look like zombie, but still keeping wearing what they were having. I watch the three shader tutorials from golaem, but they were all about the color changing with simple charcter. I am using the man char in the golaem charcter package, would anyone have any ideas of how to solve this issue? Thanks for your time. Capturdde.JPG

Alexandre Pillon

Oct 13, 2021, 3:15:22 PM10/13/21
to Golaem List
If you take a look at our shaders you will see how we use the switch shader to generate texture diversity in the crowd (look at the body shader for example)

You could do the same in your scene by adding another switch in front of this switch shader controlled by a user attribute "ZombieMode" which you need to add in the CharacterMaker on each shader, and feed by a pp or golaem attribute you could also call ZombieMode.
If the 0 slot, plug the normal texture+switch network, in the 1 slot, plug your zombie mode texture+switch network
When a character is touched, set ZombieMode attribute to 1. Make sure this attribute is exported in your simulation and it should work.

Does it make sense?

Cheers,
Alex

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Tim Riley

Oct 13, 2021, 3:42:38 PM10/13/21
to Golaem List
I would propose thinking about how to "dissolve" between shaders, rather than a straight up fade.
Have your golaem "Zombie" attribute (0-1) drive a black/white procedural noise texture, and have that blend between shaders (for example).

If you're fancy, you could use Golaem ChOps to gently transition to a zombie, too:

Nothing worse than seeing a sudden pop of texture, in your render.

cool challenge!

Tim Riley Head of CG
Vancouver, BC
METHODSTUDIOS
LA / NY / ATL / VAN / MEL / SYD / PUNE

Oct 15, 2021, 3:08:52 AM10/15/21
to crowd...@golaem.com
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I will take a look and find my way out.
Your advices guide me to learn new things. I really enjoy this adventure.

Best regards!