[Tutorial] Cloth Simulation tutorial series

Alexandre Pillon

Mar 22, 2021, 1:20:40 PM3/22/21
to crowd...@golaem.com
Hi guys,

A few weeks ago, we announced the availability of the Nvidia Physx/Apex plugin for Linux. In France, we say "a good news never comes alone", so here is another one!

As this announcement drew a lot of interest about the Apex Cloth workflow, Nicolas recorded a series of tutorials about it.
It goes from the very basics (setting up a flag) to advanced cloth setup colliding with your characters.
As more and more people seem keen to augment their crowds with Apex cloth, we would be very interested to hear about what you guys think about the workflow so that we can make it as smooth as possible.

While making these videos, we realized that the auto-generation for Apex configuration files workflow is a bit ill-formed. It was previously the only workaround for people unable to access a windows workstation, but it is now useless. So we will probably be deprecating it soon, and already removed the part about it in the documentation.
Once again, we will be happy to hear about your feedback if you think there is any good reason not to do that.

Cheers,
Alex