Problem using Master-Slave with Flocking

Jon Jordan

Jan 29, 2021, 3:40:04 AM1/29/21
to Golaem List
Whenever I use the Master-Slave behavior to connect to an entity that is using flocking behaviors to follow a curve, the flocking entity behaves oddly, no longer following the its curve, and just turning in circles. I disable the Master-Slave behavior and the flocking motion returns to normal. I've been setting things up by following the Constraining Passengers to Cars and the Master/Slave Behavior video tutorials.

Maya 2020
Golaem 7.3.2

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 29, 2021, 4:39:37 AM1/29/21
to Golaem List
Hey Jon,

I'm able to reproduce this on our side. We're taking a look at this today and will keep you updated.
Usually for this kind of use case, we recommend to use the Detach Behavior
It allows to break connections with bones within a Character

Your approach is also legit though
Will keep you updated
Sorry for the inconvenience

Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 29, 2021, 12:50:19 PM1/29/21
to Golaem List
Hey Jon,

Ok we figured the issue
When Entities are added to a flock scene, they are taken into account for the avoidance by the others and it triggers the behavior you witnessed
We're fixing this right now and should be able to provide a nightly build next monday
Thanks for reporting

Jon Jordan