[Release] Golaem 7.3.9

Alexandre Pillon

Mar 11, 2021, 4:55:38 AM3/11/21
to crowd...@golaem.com
Hi guys,

We hope you are all doing well, and that interesting projects are coming your way again!

As you can tell from the ever increasing sub-minor version numbers, we are working hard on Golaem 8, but nevertheless, we took time to fix some bugs and implement a few improvements from users' feedback.

We also added support for the latest Arnold version (6.2) and Houdini 18.5.462

We cannot wait to show you what we have been working on, do not hesitate to contact us if you want to candidate for the beta testing group.

Cheers,
The Golaem Team

GOLAEM 7.3.9 (2021/03/10)

IMPROVEMENTS

  • Curve following now support dynamic curves in the Goto Behavior
  • Curve following now support dynamic curves in the Steer Behavior
  • Improved error message when mesh normals are not valid in the GCG Exporter

BUG FIXES

  • Fixed the Attribute Helper UI in the Expression Trigger
  • Fixed Master Entity Type not found message in the MasterSlave Behavior
  • Fixed Flock Behavior taking into account non flocking Entities
  • Fixed error when opening the Layout Tool in a vanilla Maya session
  • Fixed shading assignment when using multiple CrowdFields in the Golaem For 3dsMax plugin
  • Fixed Map update in the SetAttribute Layer of the Layout Tool

REFACTORING

  • Added support of Mtoa 4.2 / Ktoa 3.2 / Arnold 6.2
  • Removed support of Mtoa 3.X / Arnold 5
  • Added support of Houdini 18.5.462
  • Removed support of Houdini 18.5.351
  • Added support of Vray For 3dsMax 5.1
  • Added support of multiple version of Vray in the Golaem For 3dsMax plugin
  • Names of the Golaem For 3dsMax plugins have changed (glmCrowd3dsMax2020Vray.dlo instead of vrayGolaem.dlo)

API

  • glmExportMotion now supports gmo.xml import / export

SUPPORTED DCCS

  • Autodesk Maya 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (on demand)
  • Autodesk 3ds Max 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Foundry Katana 3.X, 4.X
  • Unreal Engine 4.25, 4.26
  • SideFx Houdini 18.0.566, 18.5.462

SUPPORTED RENDERING ENGINES

  • Arnold Mtoa 4.0.X, 4.1.X / KtoA 3.0
  • V-Ray For Maya 4.0X, 4.1X, 4.3X / For 3ds Max 4.30
  • Renderman For Maya 23.0 / For Katana 23.0
  • Redshift For Maya 3.0.22-26 / For Katana 3.0.22-26
  • USD Standalone 0.19.11 and 0.20.02 / For Houdini 18 and 18.5 / For Katana 3.5
  • 3Delight For Katana 2.3.2 (through USD)
  • Mental Ray For Maya 3.14
  • Guerilla Render 2.1, 2.2

Also supported (but must be manually installed):

  • Arnold Mtoa 4.2.X / KtoA 2.X
  • V-Ray For Maya 5.0.22, 5.1 / For 3ds Max 5.1
  • Renderman For Maya 22.4, 22.5 / For Katana 22.4, 22.5
  • Redshift For Maya 2.6.49, 2.6.5X / For Katana 2.6.55