blend shapes not working

angelo vittoria

Mar 22, 2021, 7:59:05 AM3/22/21
to Golaem List
Hello everyone,

I've been studying Golaem for some time and I can't animate the blend shapes, I followed this tutorial: http://golaem.com/content/doc/golaem-crowd-documentation/using-blend-shapes and both the Crowd Visual Feedback and the Motion Clip Preview show me that the blend shape exists and is animated but it is not displayed in previz or even in render, what could be the problem?

crowdVisualFeedback.pngmotionClipPreview.pngviewport.png
the right one should be like the left one

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 22, 2021, 9:05:45 AM3/22/21
to Golaem List
Hey Angelo,

As a good practice, it's recommended to specify which version of Golaem / Maya you're witnessing your issue in.
If your issue related to rendering, it can be convenient to specify rendering engine and version too

See answers inlined below

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:59 PM angelo vittoria <angelov...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been studying Golaem for some time and I can't animate the blend shapes, I followed this tutorial: http://golaem.com/content/doc/golaem-crowd-documentation/using-blend-shapes and both the Crowd Visual Feedback and the Motion Clip Preview show me that the blend shape exists and is animated but it is not displayed in previz or even in render, what could be the problem?
the right one should be like the left one

There's a bug from maya 2018 which impacts blendshape export in Golaem
The detail and workaround are detailed here:

Can you check if this is your issue ?
If not, can you also try to see if the bug appears when rendering ? The GPU proxy display may have limitations in some situations
Let us know if you were able to solve the issue or not

Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

angelo vittoria

Mar 22, 2021, 10:39:23 AM3/22/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou
Hi Nicolas,

I confirm that that was the problem, thank you very much and I apologize for not having specified the versions of Golaem / Maya that I use, next time I will be more careful.

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 22, 2021, 10:42:22 AM3/22/21
to angelo vittoria, Golaem List
Hey Angelo,

Thanks for the update.
Any chance you could share your Maya scene with your asset ?
I just want to check if newest versions of Maya fixed this or not yet
Best,

angelo vittoria

Mar 22, 2021, 11:39:38 AM3/22/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, angelo vittoria
i'm sorry, i can't

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 31, 2022, 1:20:05 PM1/31/22
to angelo vittoria, Golaem List
Hey

Hope this email finds you well.
Just to let you know that we released Golaem 8.1 in which we figured a way to read blendshape targets from Maya even if there are not present in the scene
You can find the Complete Release Notes here: http://releasenotes.golaem.com
And download that new package here: http://packages.golaem.com
Thanks for reporting

Hope this helps