MtoA 4.2.1.1/Golaem 7.3.11 not rendering

Andres Berkstein

Jul 7, 2021, 3:50:31 AM7/7/21
to Golaem List
We just got golaem installed and trying to render with Arnold  I get empty frames, normal geo renders but the golaem agents don't

I've double checked the compatibility and I see the 6.2 being used and it all says in the check list as if its working. I even did it on the demo scenes and it does not render.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Alexandre Pillon

Jul 7, 2021, 3:59:16 AM7/7/21
to crowd...@golaem.com
Hi Andres,

Here are a few usual things to check
- Using the right compatibility plugin (it seems you already checked that)
- Not rendering the first frame (usually there are no Golaem characters in the first frame)
- Caching the simulation before rendering (using the simulation export tool)
- Being in Cache Replay mode when rendering (green timeline)

Can you check if everything is good in this list?
If yes, could you send me your complete render log so that I can see what's going on?

Cheers,
Alex

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Alexandre Pillon

Jul 7, 2021, 12:12:21 PM7/7/21
to Andres Berkstein, Golaem List
Thanks for the feedback.

Just curious, is "we" meaning SCEA?
I did not see any evaluation requests coming from SCEA, but if you guys want to talk about your needs and how Golaem could help tackle them, we can setup a quick call with our team.
Especially, we have a version 8 coming which can simulate crowds live into Unreal if it is something you are interested in.

Cheers,
Alex

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 6:01 PM Andres Berkstein <jaber...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply, I had already tried all the above mentioned...  It ended up being a problem with the Maya environment paths on our end, it now works as expected.

Thanks again!