usda render houdini

Kang Joo

Aug 25, 2021, 3:57:06 AM8/25/21
to Golaem List
You want to export .usda to import from Houdini.

The usd plug-in is installed in houdini and import usda.

In this situation, can I render the usda data that I brought from the houdini?

Nicolas Chaverou

Aug 25, 2021, 5:32:31 AM8/25/21
to Golaem List
Hey Kang Joo,

If you're using Houdini 18 Solaris as a backend platform for rendering (or Katana), you'd be able to render your USD data within your favorite rendering engine
Else you'll have to check with the rendering engine you're using support team if they do support USD input
As far as I know Renderman, Arnold and 3delight support USD natively. For the others not sure yet

Should I assume you're doing USD overrides on the crowd Simulation Caches from Houdini ?
Or is it just to be able to view geometry in Houdini for fx computation ?
If the latter, no need to render USD data necessarily, you can stick with the default procedural approach

Let us know if you need more details or if you have further questions
Stay safe
N.

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.