(#596) Turning off "Weighted" of Asset Properties in Character Maker

Toei Animation

Nov 8, 2021, 7:17:01 AM11/8/21
to crowd...@golaem.com, kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp
Submitted on Monday, November 8, 2021 - 13:16
Submitted by anonymous user: 126.249.4.62
Submitted values are:

First Name: Kazuya
Last Name: Kitaguchi
Company: Toei Animation
Subject: Turning off "Weighted" of Asset Properties in Character Maker
Details:
When I imported a bunch of geometries form Maya scene using "Import Geometry"
in Character Maker,
Auto-ganerated "Assets Group"s have Weighted turned on.

I want to disable Weighted all at once.
Are there any good ways?

If it can be controlled by Python,let me know how.
If no ways,I would set up a bunch of parameters manually taking lots of time.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
https://golaem.com/node/250/submission/4815

Nicolas Chaverou

Nov 8, 2021, 7:20:01 AM11/8/21
to crowd...@golaem.com, kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp
Hey there,

Yes there's indeed a Python command which will let you do this:

Let us know how it goes
Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

北口量也

Nov 9, 2021, 6:16:08 AM11/9/21
to Nicolas Chaverou, crowd...@golaem.com
Well,I understood this "Geometry Node" indicated  not only "MeshAssetNode" but also "AssetGroupNode".
editProperties (-epr)string string stringneeds -script flag, multi-useEdit the properties of a Geometry Node. The first argument is its type (as given by the -queryProperties flag). The second argument is the name of the node. The third argument is the node properties to change, listed as "property1=value1;property2=value2" etc. The type is needed to avoid any ambiguity when editing the node.
However, I couldn't find out any ways to specify multiple nodes for the second argument.

My python script is like this.
assetGroupNodeList = []
for eachNode in cmds.glmCharacterMaker(script=True, file=fileName, listGeoNodes=True):
    propertyString = cmds.glmCharacterMaker(script=True, file=fileName, queryProperties=eachNode)[0]
    if     "type=AssetGroupNode" not in propertyString:
        continue
    assetGroupNodeList.append(eachNode)
cmds.glmCharacterMaker(script=True, file=fileName, editProperties=["AssetGroupNode", assetGroupNodeList   ,"weighted=0"], outputFile=fileName2)

It didn't work.

--
Kazuya Kitaguchi

TOEI ANIMATION Co.,Ltd.

Nicolas Chaverou

Nov 9, 2021, 6:28:53 AM11/9/21
to 北口量也, crowd...@golaem.com
Hey there,

the editProperties flag is multi
This means you can call it multiple times within the command line such as

propertiesArray = []
for eachNode in assetGroupNodeList:
    propertiesArray.append(["AssetGroupNode", eachNode,"weighted=0"])
cmds.glmCharacterMaker(script=True, file=fileName, editProperties=propertiesArray, outputFile=fileName2)

Let us know how it goes
Best,

北口量也

Nov 9, 2021, 6:44:41 AM11/9/21