Re: [support] (#552) Problem using flocking behavior with Master-Slave

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 29, 2021, 12:47:07 PM1/29/21
to Jon Jordan, Golaem List
Hey Jon,

Ok we figured the issue
When Entities are added to a flock scene, they are taken into account for the avoidance by the others and it triggers the behavior you witnessed
We're fixing this right now and should be able to provide a nightly build next monday
Thanks for reporting
Best,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 6:33 PM Jon Jordan <j...@blur.com> wrote:
Hey Nicolas,

Thank you for checking that out so quickly! I really appreciate it.

Jon

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 1:43 AM Nicolas Chaverou <nicolas....@golaem.com> wrote:
Hey Jon,

If that's fine with you, I'll answer on the public thread instead :)
Please see my answer there
Best,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 2:37 AM Blur Studio <nor...@golaem.com> wrote:
Submitted on Friday, January 29, 2021 - 02:37
Submitted by anonymous user: 104.192.112.234
Submitted values are:

First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Jordan
Company: Blur Studio
Subject: Problem using flocking behavior with Master-Slave
Details:
I have a flocking character I need to have carry a prop and then drop it off,
and have been attempting to use Master-Slave behavior on the prop to attach
to the flocking entity.
When trying to use Master-Slave behavior to attach a prop entity to an entity
that is using the flocking behaviors, I get odd results on the motion of the
flocking entity. It no longer follows the curve and just moves in circles. If
I disable the Master-Slave behavior, the flocking motion returns to normal.
I've been setting up my file using the methods in the Constraining Characters
to Cars and Master/Slave Behavior video tutorials.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://golaem.com/node/250/submission/4516