(#564) Triple meshes and others

Xenter

Feb 22, 2021, 7:29:15 AM2/22/21
to crowd...@golaem.com, davidlun...@gmail.com
Submitted on Monday, February 22, 2021 - 13:29
Submitted by anonymous user: 192.71.41.250
Submitted values are:

First Name: David
Last Name: Lundgren
Company: Xenter
Subject: Triple meshes and others
Details:
Im new to golaem so im not sure if this is me using golaem wrong or if this
is some bug, anyway i followed this tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAZivn199Y&list=PL4Fk6f2W-MiwyCnk9tyMvcMi5gAlhEH_-
About 8:55 into the tutorial i have loaded the CasualmanHD.gcha and the
CasualmanHD_AR.ma. the next thing that happens is that i get an error message
saying:
"Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details." I get to click this message and
when i zoom in on the character it has three meshes.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://golaem.com/node/250/submission/4645

Nicolas Chaverou

Feb 22, 2021, 7:50:17 AM2/22/21
to Golaem List, davidlun...@gmail.com
Hey David,

And have you checked the Script Editor for details ?
What does it say ?

I get to click this message and
when i zoom in on the character it has three meshes.

The Golaem Characters are made of multiple meshes to allow geometry variation
The screenshot you sent is the source geometry file which contains all the meshes
It need to be imported in the scene so the shaders are loaded and available to the crowd entities
So far so good

Is this blocking you to follow the tutorial in any way ?
Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Nicolas Chaverou

Feb 22, 2021, 8:00:35 AM2/22/21
to N.D L, Golaem List
Hey,

Let's keep the support email cced so everybody has the info
The Quick Start tutorial uses the regular Golaem Character
You're apparently using the HD Golaem Character, hence the difference
Best,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM N.D L <davidlun...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was just confused as the character in the tutorial did not have all the meshes at once i guess, my bad.:)