Re: [Golaem Crowd] Abridged summary of crowd-list@golaem.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Akie Prapas

Jan 19, 2023, 1:27:50 PM1/19/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Julien Duchet
Hello Nicolas

Thank you for your reply and video!

As per your video, that workflow is simple and it works in a sim that I have setup with the characters in a platoon formation.
In this example, I added the characters in a theater setting and the simple application of the lookAt node does not activate the 'boneName' option in the node

It's a very simple setup that I'm using to test.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction please!

Thank you much

Akie

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 7:12 AM <crowd...@golaem.com> wrote:
Akie Prapas <akie....@latelieranimation.com>: Jan 18 02:11PM -0500

Hello

Using Golam 8.2.1 - 2022/09/23 - PR2636 in MAYA2020.4

Hoping you can point me in the right direction please
I'm using the Layout tool to modify cached sims
The transform tools as well as ...more
Nicolas Chaverou <nicolas....@golaem.com>: Jan 19 09:49AM +0100

Hey Akie,

Made a video which walk you through those two Layout Nodes
Let us know if that helped
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyo1sezl099l39v/lookAt.mp4?dl=0

Best,

---

+33 (0)2 99 27 21 44 ...more

L'ATELIER ANIMATION
Akie Prapas
Superviseur en Previz/Layout | Previz/Layout Supervisor
L'Atelier Animation | 5605 Avenue de Gaspé, Suite 408 Montréal, QC, H2T 2A4 | +1 514 360 3253
latelieranimation.com [a Cinesite Partner Company]
- Chaos is order yet to be discovered -
Screenshot at 2023-01-19 12-44-14.png
Clipboard - January 18, 2023 6_38 PM.png

Akie Prapas

Jan 19, 2023, 2:17:14 PM1/19/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Julien Duchet
Hello again Nicolas

Maybe this might help debug...?

Some more testing revealed a weird gremlin
If I only cache a single entity type active in the poptool (man or woman), then the lookAt works instantly in the layout editor

Simple platoon setup then alternated between man and woman
lookAt will not activate when both are cached together

Thanks again

Akie
Clipboard - January 19, 2023 2_12 PM.png
Clipboard - January 19, 2023 2_07 PM.png
Clipboard - January 19, 2023 2_09 PM.png

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 19, 2023, 2:18:30 PM1/19/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Julien Duchet
Hey there,

Any chance you're mixing characters from different types ?
I'd recommend filtering your characters by type using a Selector Expression as a Filter
Let me know if that helps

---

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 19, 2023, 2:20:09 PM1/19/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Julien Duchet
The reason for this is : Entity Types with different Character Files may not share the same hierarchy / bone indices
If multiple Files are selected, the UI can not know which boneId should be selected
Hence the Selector filters :)

Btw, you're answering on the digest rather than the original ticket thread
N.

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 19, 2023, 2:47:45 PM1/19/23
to Akie Prapas, Golaem List, Julien Duchet, Golaem Support
Hey there

You apparently did not get my answers
Please keep the list or the Golaem support cced to all your messages

1st message
Any chance you're mixing characters from different types ?
I'd recommend filtering your characters by type using a Selector Expression as a Filter
Let me know if that helps

2nd message
The reason for this is : Entity Types with different Character Files may not share the same hierarchy / bone indices
If multiple Files are selected, the UI can not know which boneId should be selected
Hence the Selector filters :)

Btw, you're answering on the digest rather than the original ticket thread
N.

Should look like this

2023-01-19 20_46_38-Golaem Layout Editor.jpg
Let us know if that helps

---

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 8:35 PM Akie Prapas <akie....@latelieranimation.com> wrote:
Hello Nicolas

Saw the video - I'm good with the workflow of adding the lookAt node - very simple

Here is some more info (see screengrabs):
It seems the 2 entity types cached together do not active the bone reference option available
But cached individually, it works perfectly!!

Thanks again!

Akie

Akie Prapas

Jan 19, 2023, 3:09:09 PM1/19/23
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Akie Prapas, Julien Duchet, Golaem Support
Excellent!
That was the needed fix

Thank you!

Akie