making characters jump from 1 platform to another

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 9:58:19 AM3/31/21
to Golaem List
say i put 2 box with little wigth to the box so its wide and big for them to run on and fit.
now as i am trying to learn can i get advise or project simple how they can run from one box to another than continue to run.

also can you show example how to make them climb a box and run away

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 31, 2021, 10:26:11 AM3/31/21
to Golaem List
Hey,

You just need to sequence a couple of Motion Behavior like below and set your Triggers for the end of run1 and jump

2021-03-31 16_22_24-Golaem Behavior Editor.png

Trigger for the end of run1 can be a polygon zone (next to the border of the first building)
Trigger for the end of jump can be once it has been played once (using the Motion Time Trigger : http://golaem.com/content/doc/golaem-crowd-documentation/motion-time-trigger)

Hope that helps
Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 10:31:32 AM3/31/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou
do i need to set a trigger plane floor using the same method like before using   ( OR , NOT ) so when they step on the plane the jump animation should kick in.
by the way i tested this before soon as my jump animation starts my character sinks in the box and falls down. is there anyway i can fix this rather than using the force method which allows me to set custom force x,y,z.

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 10:41:41 AM3/31/21
to Golaem List, Live Gamers, nicolas.chaverou
kindly take look at this and tell me how to fix this issue.

David Raymond

Mar 31, 2021, 12:10:27 PM3/31/21
to crowd...@golaem.com, Live Gamers, nicolas.chaverou
If I may pitch in here, you will for sure need to deactivate the ground adaptation ( parallel a ground adaptation node with the jump one ) to make sure they don't stick to the ground. Then you can do whatever you want with it.
RODEO FX
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Vimeo Instagram
David Raymond
Crowd Lead | Generalist

dray...@rodeofx.com
514.397.9999 ext.324

www.rodeofx.com

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 31, 2021, 12:12:33 PM3/31/21
to David Raymond, Golaem List, Live Gamers
David is correct :)
Either disable ground adaptation or use a dummy ground (flat like a plane even when there's the gap) so the entities do not need to readapt themselves

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 12:38:58 PM3/31/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, Live Gamers, David Raymond
can you guys kindly share the  same scene or help modify mine so that i can play with it and se  what you did and make a new scene copy it and learn from it ? please!!
2 box jump start.zip

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 31, 2021, 1:06:57 PM3/31/21
to Live Gamers, Golaem List, David Raymond
Can you share your motion files ?

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 1:09:11 PM3/31/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, David Raymond, Live Gamers
there you go boss.
2 box jump start.zip

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 31, 2021, 1:11:53 PM3/31/21
to Live Gamers, Golaem List, David Raymond
I'm under the impression that the zip file you sent is just a Maya scene
I'm looking for the motions you're using (usually have a .gmo extension)
Best,

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 1:17:05 PM3/31/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, David Raymond, Live Gamers

here it is, one is running and other one is jump
Golaem.zip

Nicolas Chaverou

Mar 31, 2021, 1:38:05 PM3/31/21
to Live Gamers, Golaem List, David Raymond

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 1:48:32 PM3/31/21
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, David Raymond, Live Gamers
Very Good A+
i will now save your video and keep it for future use and build one now.
thanks so much. it will help me learn thank you for sparing the time your tuts are just to good.

Live Gamers

Mar 31, 2021, 1:53:58 PM3/31/21
to Golaem List, Live Gamers, nicolas.chaverou, Golaem List, David Raymond
with these tutorials i can study everything you say what each and everything does and than be more creative and do my own things play with it. nicolas thank you so much.