Strange effects of motion starting/stopping duration values

drkx....@t-online.de

May 12, 2022, 12:08:07 PM5/12/22
to Golaem List
I encountered a problem with the starting/stopping duration of a certain motion. I wanted my roman legionnaires doing a left turn. To that I created a gmo. Everything is fine, even if the motion is played in parallel with another. Since humans are no robots, some diversity of motion start is needed. I applied different min/max values for the motion start, what didn't affect the motion start, but the degree of rotation. When the motion stopped, all of my legionnaires looked in different directions. Even young recruits would have done better. Played alone, my turn motion works like a charm and motion start values do what they are supposed to. I tested many priority and body mask combinations, but nothing helped. To bring in some diversity, I added more clips to the motion, each with its own frame rate. Not bad, but not exactly what I wanted. What's wrong with my approach?

Nicolas Chaverou

May 12, 2022, 5:06:54 PM5/12/22
to crowd...@golaem.com
Hi,

Can you please specify Golaem version and include screenshots of the issue?
Thanks

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

drkx....@t-online.de

May 16, 2022, 3:35:55 AM5/16/22
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou
It's Golaem 7.3.1. The only difference between the two images is the starting duration min/max values. First image was rendered with 0.4/0.4, the second with 0.4/2.0. CohortLeftTurnFinished1.pngCohortLeftTurnFinished2.png

Nicolas Chaverou

May 16, 2022, 4:01:13 AM5/16/22
to drkx....@t-online.de, Golaem List
Hey there

I made a video which explains why you're seeing what you're seeing and what you do instead
Hope that helps
Best,