(#770) Issue with use of ChoEditor and utillity

None

May 23, 2022, 12:23:09 PM5/23/22
to crowd...@golaem.com, Alla...@gmail.com
Submitted on Monday, May 23, 2022 - 18:23
Submitted by anonymous user: 192.0.141.199
Submitted values are:

First Name: Allanlee
Last Name: Calder
Company: None
Subject: Issue with use of ChoEditor and utillity
Details:
Hello,

As I have been following along with the Academy videos. I ran into an issue
in which I do not have function in the use of chops. This issue appears
similar to the issue I had at work in which I could not open the
Golaemisator. In that instance it appeared to be the plugin Brave shape
editor. On my home PC I attempted to unload plugins, reinstall Golaem, unload
plugins. Nothing appeared to work. For my home PC I do not have Brave. Like
my work PC I do have Zoo tools, but the plugin was unload in my attempts to
remedy the issue. The error I am getting in relation to Chops is happening in
two occurrences. One when selecting an entity and the crowd visual window
opens the follow warring appears. Once this error appears the scene file will
constantly spit out this warring message.

# Error: line 1: AttributeError: file
C:\Golaem\Golaem-8.1.3-Maya2020\scripts\future\standard_library\__init__.py
line 462: 'module' object has no attribute 'getoutput' #
// Warning: [Golaem]: Python Script Command: 'from glm.chOps import
chOpEditorMaya
chOpEditorMaya.getTheChOpEditorMayaInstance().clearChOpsDebugOutput()'
failed: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure //
select -r popTool1 ;
# Error: AttributeError: file
C:\Golaem\Golaem-8.1.3-Maya2020\scripts\future\standard_library\__init__.py
line 462: 'module' object has no attribute 'getoutput' #
// Warning: [Golaem]: Python Script Command: 'from glm.chOps import
chOpEditorMaya
chOpEditorMaya.getTheChOpEditorMayaInstance().clearChOpsDebugOutput()'
failed: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure //

And when trying to open the chops editor I get the following:

glmCrowdChOpEditorCmd;
// CrowdChOpEditor;
# Error: file: C:/Golaem/Golaem-8.1.3-Maya2020/scripts/glmCrowdChOpUtils.mel
line 22: AttributeError: file
C:\Golaem\Golaem-8.1.3-Maya2020\scripts\future\standard_library\__init__.py
line 462: 'module' object has no attribute 'getoutput' #

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
https://golaem.com/node/250/submission/5881

Nicolas Chaverou

May 23, 2022, 12:33:41 PM5/23/22
to crowd...@golaem.com, Alla...@gmail.com
Hey there,

Can you please run the same code than last time and let us know what it returns?

As a reminder:
before loading the Golaem plugin, could you check if future is available elsewhere in your system
From Maya you can run the following to locate when future can be found:

import imp
imp.find_module('future')

Ideally it should come from the Golaem directory
If not, let us know where it finds it on your end ?
If yes, you may have to edit locally future so we can understand what's going on
Let us know :)

Best

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com
---You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Golaem List" group.

Allanlee Calder

May 24, 2022, 12:03:54 PM5/24/22
to Nicolas Chaverou, crowd...@golaem.com
Hello today,
Thanks I ran the script again and this is the output

# Result: (None, 'C:\\Golaem\\Golaem-8.1.3-Maya2020\\scripts\\future', ('', '', 5)) #

Nicolas Chaverou

May 24, 2022, 3:23:40 PM5/24/22
to Allanlee Calder, crowd...@golaem.com
Hey,

Could you try opening the layout Tool and the Golaemisator as well and check if anything appears in the script editor (even if they open properly)?
Does that happen on other workstations or just yours?
My guess is again a conflict with another plugin / script which takes advantage of future / a future dependency.
Any chance another version of Golaem is installed on that machine?

Best

Allanlee Calder

May 24, 2022, 4:18:22 PM5/24/22
to Nicolas Chaverou, crowd...@golaem.com
Happy to say the issue is now resolved the problem was the plugin ramp weights

Did not thoroughly enough check that all plugins for Braverabbit were not loaded/removed.

Thanks for your time.