[Release] Golaem 8.0.2

Alexandre Pillon

Sep 16, 2021, 11:43:32 AM9/16/21
to Golaem List
Hi guys,

As you may have noticed, after running a beta for a few months, we have made Golaem 8.0.2 publicly available yesterday.
We also switched the documentation to Golaem 8 (Golaem 7 documentation is still available from the link in the documentation website header)

If you have a Golaem 7 license, do not hesitate to ask us for a Golaem 8 license upgrade (for free if you are under subscription or benefit from an academic license).

The main feature of Golaem 8 is the new GDA file format which enables exporting a simulation setup and running it in the Golaem Engine (for now available in Unreal Engine, or as a SDK).
See a quickstart video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcC7Hb0ErQ4

We also added some interesting previz features like shading diversity in the viewport, or a new display mode called Mesh Render, which generates Maya meshes with full deformations in the viewport, support for hardware fog and DOF.

Golaem 8 includes new Layout layers: we brought the Trajectory Edit layer back in a revamped version, and we also created a Mirror Layer which mirrors the geometry and animation of a character.

And of course, Golaem 8 comes with plenty of other small improvements and bug fixes. You can check the release notes here: https://releasenotes.golaem.com

And as usual, download the latest packages here: https://packages.golaem.com/

We are still working on a nice video and press release, we should do an official release in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we hope you will enjoy playing with Golaem 8!

Cheers,
Alex