GOLAEM Layout Translation settings - Offset in Render

Akie Prapas

Jan 27, 2023, 1:54:28 PM1/27/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Julien Duchet, Jonathan Meret, Antoine Lozet
Hello,

Weird glitch to explore please:

Layout done and setup in shot from a default platoon formation sim cache (see Screengrab4):

- characters are moved using the regular layout translate/rotate tools - simple offsets (see Screengrab1)

- once the layout is saved, depending which frame it was saved at the characters are popping in vertical height only at that frame - this example the save was at frame 998
- you will notice the characters are higher off the bench but the translate values have not changed (see Screengrab2)

- the resulting render keeps the popping offset position for the duration of the rendered version (see Screengrab3) - low res...

There are other various positonal offsets that render and do not match the original shot latout setup

Hoping to receive feedback (and a solution) at your earliest convenience please!

Thank you

Akie

Screengrab1
Screenshot1.png

Screengrab2
Screenshot2.png

Screengrab3
Screenshot3.png

Screengrab4
Screenshot4.png

--
L'ATELIER ANIMATION
Akie Prapas

Nicolas Chaverou

Jan 30, 2023, 8:54:41 AM1/30/23
to crowd...@golaem.com, Akie Prapas, Julien Duchet, Jonathan Meret, Antoine Lozet
Hey Akie,

When creating a new support thread please specify which Golaem version / Maya version you're having issues with (or use http://support.golaem.com to create a new support ticket which will ask for it)
We fixed a some stuff which could be related to this issue so we'll wait for that before going forward
Thanks in advance
Best,

--
Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.
If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com

Julien

Jan 30, 2023, 9:12:08 AM1/30/23
to Golaem List, nicolas.chaverou, Julien Duchet, Jonathan Meret, Antoine Lozet, akie....@latelieranimation.com
hello nicolas,

jumping on the topic as akie is not at l'atelier since friday and don't have acces to the scene anymore.

our current maya version is :  2020.4
our current golaem version is : 8.2.1 PR2636

hope it helps
thanks for your support

Julien

Mar 23, 2023, 10:16:18 AM3/23/23
to Golaem List, Julien, nicolas.chaverou, Julien Duchet, Jonathan Meret, Antoine Lozet, akie....@latelieranimation.com
so to close on this topic, the issue was coming from an overly optimized ground object that was defined in the ground adaptation node. multiple high level on a too small definition object was resuling in having some characters not placed correctly regading the height of the ground.
solution was to split our ground level in multiple areas regarding our crowd position, and to add subdivision to it.

thanks for your help.