(#827) Overriding Arnold attribute with different values in Golaem Character Maker

Toei Animation

Jul 12, 2022, 8:48:46 AM7/12/22
to crowd...@golaem.com, kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp
Submitted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 14:48
Submitted by anonymous user: 202.12.247.66
Submitted values are:

First Name: Kazuya
Last Name: Kitaguchi
Company: Toei Animation
Subject: Overriding Arnold attribute with different values in Golaem
Character Maker
https://golaem.com/sites/default/files/webform/ShaderAttributeNode.png
Details:
Hi,

I want to override Arnold-specific attribute "toon_id" with different values
in Character Maker.
I could add Shader Attribute Node named "arnold.toon_id.string" with "Hair"
string value and then override the particular shapes.
However,I had to apply additional "arnold.toon_id.string" with "Body" string
value to other shapes.
Unfortunately Character Maker could have ONLY one "arnold.toon_id.string"
node,right?
This means I cannot apply multiple toon_id properties to different shapes.

Do you have any ideas?

I already know the way to override Arnold properties using aiSetParameter.
But aiSetParameter couldn't identify with any namespaces.
This is why I don't use it.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
https://golaem.com/node/250/submission/6148

Nicolas Chaverou

Jul 12, 2022, 2:00:55 PM7/12/22
to crowd...@golaem.com, kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp
Hey there,

I'd recommend checking Arnold operators to override attribute name at render time.
Indeed shader attribute names have to be unique by design.

Let us know how it goes
Best

> Le 12 juil. 2022 à 14:48, Toei Animation <kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp> a écrit :
>
> Submitted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 14:48
> --
> Note that crowd...@golaem.com is a public list.If for any reason (confidential project, sending production files...) you need to post a private message to Golaem Support, please use http://support.golaem.com
> ---You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Golaem List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/golaem.com/d/msgid/crowd-list/20220712124843.B20CD62329%40cluster023.hosting.ovh.net.

Nicolas Chaverou

Jul 12, 2022, 4:16:48 PM7/12/22
to crowd...@golaem.com, kitaguch...@toei-anim.co.jp
Hey,

Checking at the code, you can try having attributes named arnold.toon_id.string.2,  arnold.toon_id.string.3...
It should be parsed properly and assigned to Arnold

best,

北口量也

Jul 13, 2022, 6:05:12 AM7/13/22
to Nicolas Chaverou, crowd...@golaem.com
Hi,

I noticed that "arnold.toon_id.string" could not be recognized by Golaem as Arnold Toon ID property.
If I renamed it to "toon_id", it could be recognized.

But "toon_id.1" was NOT recognized.

--
Kazuya Kitaguchi

TOEI ANIMATION Co.,Ltd.

Nicolas Chaverou

Jul 13, 2022, 7:30:19 AM7/13/22
to 北口量也, crowd...@golaem.com
Hi,

Regular shader attributes need to have unique names in a Golaem Character File. They translate as Arnold User data
Renderer attributes (which starts with "Arnold.") are translated as Arnold predefined channels.

What are you trying to to exactly?
Can you send an ass file sample which shows what you need to do?

Have you checked Arnold operators?

Best