OCTOBER EVENTS SHOWCASE COLUMBIA'S UNIQUE AND SPOOKY HISTORY

1 view

Columbia Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Agendas

Sep 29, 2014, 5:03:06 PM9/29/14
to hpcage...@gocolumbiamo.com
OCTOBER EVENTS SHOWCASE COLUMBIA'S UNIQUE AND SPOOKY HISTORY

Cemetery Walking Tour
Columbia Public Library, Lobby

Learn about the history of cemeteries, funeral practices and spooky superstitions during this atmospheric walking tour of the Columbia Cemetery.
Meet in the lobby. Canceled if raining.

All ages. Those 12 and under, please bring an adult with you.

Historic Preservation Commission to Host Twilight Walking Tour on Ghosts and Other Scary Tales October 30
Join the Historic Preservation Commission for a Twilight Walk emphasizing the ghosts, urban legends and dramatic fires that have impacted downtown’s history over the past 125 years.
Our tour host, retired Columbia Firefighter Steve Sapp, will bring his historical knowledge and professional expertise to our mobile discussion.
Be prepared for some surprises and unexpected twists and turns.
  • This event is free and open to the public (parental discretion is advised as some stories may be pretty scary). No registration is required.
  • Participants will meet at the City Hall Key Sculpture (corner of 8th & Broadway/701 E. Broadway).
  • Tours will begin promptly at 7:00 PM. Participants are advised to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
For special accommodations, please contact Rachel Bacon at 573.874.7239 or rib...@gocolumbiamo.com

The best way to know about upcoming events is to follow the Historic Preservation Commission's blog via email or like our Facebook page: