Connection timeout during flow execution on Globus Transfers

Gus Ellerm

Sep 18, 2023, 6:22:14 PM9/18/23
to Discuss
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows why I may be getting this error during the execution of a Globus flow (using custom Globus actions):

Error (transfer) Endpoint: langdetect_lpap (21968ff8-29c4-11ee-87ff-056a4e394379) Server: Globus Connect File: /home/ubuntu/langdetect_lpap/output/langdetect_predictions.txt Command: RETR /home/ubuntu/langdetect_lpap/output/langdetect_predictions.txt Message: Fatal FTP response --- Details: 500-Command failed. : an end-of-file was reached\r\n500-globus_xio: The GSI XIO driver failed to establish a connection via the underlying protocol.\r\n500-globus_xio: Connection setup failure: connection time out.\r\n500 End.\r\n

I get these errors reasonably frequently, however they all resolve after a few retries - it just extends the duration of the flow.

Cheers,
Gus

Sid Young

Sep 18, 2023, 9:51:12 PM9/18/23
to Discuss
I see transfer connection errors and timeouts ALL the time, I have a support ticket in for it. Not sure where the issue lies but I suspect its networking config on a firewall may have been changed, but the Globus Endpoint is getting updated via DNF on a regular basis so a S/W bug may have crept in....

Sid