Globus Connect Personal and Third Party Authorization

Joshua Brown

May 24, 2022, 12:56:17 PM5/24/22
to Discuss
So in Globus Connect Server you can make use of GridFTP callouts to handle authorization through a third party application, is this also true with Globus Connect Personal?

As we want to build on top of Globus it would be nice if we could package and ship GCP with components relevant to offloading the authorizationt to our application, I'm not sure if this is possible.

Michael Link

May 24, 2022, 5:13:23 PM5/24/22
to dis...@globus.org
Hi Joshua,

Globus Connect Personal doesn't support authorization callouts. Another
blocker for that kind of use case is that only the owning Globus
identity has data access to the main collection. Other identities could
only have access via GCP guest collections.

Mike