Use Globus to access data in a Qumulo on-prem storage

Esteban Freire

7:33 AM (16 hours ago) 7:33 AM
to Discuss
Hello,

Have any of you configured a storage gateway and a Data collection to access data into a Qumulo on-prem storage (https://qumulo.com/)?

If it is so, I would appreciate if you could indicate me which Premium storage connector have you used and if you could share some notes from the configuration/integration with me.

I am not managing the Qumulo on-prem storage in our company but as far as I know, it does not have NFS and it only have smb shares.

So far, I was able to create and access to a Data collection in our Qumulo on-prem storage by joining the Globus DTN VM to our company AD, mount a folder from Qumulo smb share on the Globus DTN VM, create storage gateway with a Posix connector to access to the mount point and with a policy to give permission to a specific posix group from our company AD to access to it and , it is working.

But I wonder if there is a better way to achieve this. Also, I am not sure, if I should install Globus storage gateway in a node from the  Qumulo cluster or  maybe install a Globus DTN near to the Qumulo cluster to get better results, or if it is ok to do it from  Globus DTN/endpoint we have installed so far.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Esteban