How do GCSv5 endpoints act when a DTN is down?

Karl Kornel

May 17, 2021, 3:07:20 PM5/17/21
to dis...@globus.org

Hello!

I’m wondering how GCSv5 multi-DTN endpoints act when a DTN is down, but other DTNs are up.

In the situation where a multi-DTN endpoint has a DTN down, I know that transfers will continue to run.  I also remember that with GCSv4, a downed DTN would cause intermittent transfer errors (which were recoverable), and occasional directory listing errors (which required a web page refresh or CLI re-execution), as clients (and the Globus service) would try to send requests to the downed DTN.

Since GCSv5 DTNs are very different from GCSv4 DTNs, I was wondering, what happen when a single DTN is down, but other DTNs are still up and able to serve traffic?

--

A. Karl Kornel | System Administrator

Research Computing | Stanford University

+1 (650) 736-9327