Obtain a list of Globus v4 shares

Scott Ruffner

Mar 30, 2021, 5:50:19 PM3/30/21
to Discuss
I am trying to upgrade from v4 to v5.4 and neglected to save a full list of shares created on a v4 server. Is there a way to query the full list from app.globus.org (or the CLI) on another connect server instance?

Scott Ruffner

Mar 30, 2021, 6:01:04 PM3/30/21
to Discuss, Scott Ruffner
To clarify; I'm the administrator of the endpoint, and when I view the list of collections on the endpoint in app.globus.org, I see only a test collection I created. When I go to delete the endpoint, I see a list of others which I get a warning about. I need to see the full list of collections.

Karl Kornel

Mar 30, 2021, 6:36:59 PM3/30/21
to Scott Ruffner, Discuss

Hi Scott!

Here’s how you can find out what shared endpoints exist that are attached to the v4 host endpoint:

  1. Log in to the Globus web site.
  2. Click on the “Console” button on the left-side vertical bar.  That’ll take you to the console.
  3. In the drop-down menu, select the appropriate option that matches your _host_ v4 endpoint.  This might be “all endpoints monitored by you”, or it may be something more specific.
  4. Ignore the diagram of active transfers, and instead locate your host v4 endpoint on the right-side list of endpoints.
  5. Once you’ve found your endpoint, click on the three-vertical-dots button (in the upper-right of the endpoint’s box).  That’ll take you to a new page.
  6. Click on the “Shares” tab.
  7. Behold the list of shared endpoints that are using your host endpoint!

There’s a way to do this via the Transfer API, using the “Get hosted endpoint list” operation (https://docs.globus.org/api/transfer/advanced_endpoint_management/#get_hosted_endpoint_list).  I’m not sure if it’s possible to get this information via the Globus CLI.

~ Karl