SSO integration

Mohammed F Soliman

Jun 4, 2024, 11:52:36 AMJun 4
to Discuss
Hi all,
I would like to use my access point Aruba 374 to allow users to access internet after authenticating them using Globus. My organization has integration with Globus already. But I don't know how to setup the scenario in a way to
1- access via the AP
2- get authenticated using Globus
3- access internet via our oganization.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance
best regards

Josh Bryan

Jun 5, 2024, 5:41:08 PMJun 5
to Mohammed F Soliman, Discuss
Mohammed,

I don't know much at all about the Aruba 374 specifically, so the only advice I can give is very high level.  Globus Auth can be used to provide access to any client that supports OIDC.  To register globus auth as an authentication provider for a client, you will need to set up a client by registering it at https://app.globus.org/settings/developers.  You can read some high level information in our docs as well.

If the Aruba 374 can be configured to use OIDC for authentication directly that may work.  However, my 5 minutes of googling didn't turn up anything that suggested it can.  The closest option appears to be its Captive Portal support.  However, I don't see any direct OIDC support, and the only OIDC adjacent options I see there are Facebook login (which appears to be facebook specific rather than generic OIDC) or RADIUS authentication.  If you are running a RADIUS service that supports OIDC that may be an option as well.

If you find a way to configure the Aruba 374 with OIDC I'd be happy to help with details getting that to work with Globus.   It may be worth reaching out to Aruba support to see if the device can support OIDC.

Regards,
Josh

Mohammed F Soliman

Jun 7, 2024, 3:41:11 PMJun 7
to Josh Bryan, Discuss
Josh,
Thank you for the information. I will contact Aruba for support as you recommended.
regards

--
Mohammed Fatehy Soliman, PhD
Assistant Professor (On leave),