Authentication error

Swetha Ramesh

May 25, 2020, 5:36:27 AM5/25/20
to User Discuss
Hello,

I started at transfer from the Shared EMBL-EBI public endpoint to the ucb#brc endpoint. It worked fine when I started the transfer, but when I checked recently, I saw that I got an authentication error, so I stopped the transfer and attempted to restart it. However when I try to add the ucb#brc endpoint in the file manager tab, I get the following error:

Authentication Failed
Your credentials do not provide sufficient access to this endpoint.

Upon looking at more details, I get this error message:

Command Failed: Error (login) Endpoint: ucb#brc (d47068d3-6d04-11e5-ba46-22000b92c6ec) Server: dtn00.brc.berkeley.edu:2811 Message: Login Failed --- Details: globus_ftp_control: gss_init_sec_context failed\nGSS Major Status: Unexpected Gatekeeper or Service Name\nglobus_gsi_gssapi: Authorization denied: The name of the remote entity (/C=US/O=Globus Consortium/OU=Globus Connect Service/CN=f32ce4c4-b7bb-11e9-9ce8-0edb67dd7a14), and the expected name for the remote entity (/C=US/O=Globus Consortium/OU=Globus Connect Service/CN=1e5e74f2-9e0a-11ea-9a37-0255d23c44ef) do not match\n

 I tried reactivating my connection to ucb#brc, but the error did not resolve. How can I fix this error?

Thanks!

Gigi Kennedy

May 28, 2020, 4:06:24 PM5/28/20
to user-d...@globus.org
Hi Swetha,

You do not need to stop a transfer if you are encountering a fault, or a few faults. The fault may be intermittent or one that needs your intervention, such as extending authentication on an endpoint. However, once past the fault, Globus will retry and then the transfer should continue. When a job has not progressed for 3 days, the transfer will expire. However, as long as it's making progress, your transfer will continue.

We show that you have a current transfer between the same endpoints and that despite a few faults, it is making progress.

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this. If so, we may want to open a help desk ticket so that we can investigate further.

Best regards,
  Gigi