Use Globus for NAS file transfer

Michael Chen

Sep 23, 2020, 3:13:05 PM9/23/20
to User Discuss
Dear Globus experts,

I am using globus to transfer data between two NAS. But I don't know how to set a NAS endpoint. It seems different with a NAS environment on personal laptop. Can anyone give some help?

Best regards
Michael

Stephen Rosen

Oct 1, 2020, 2:45:39 PM10/1/20
to User Discuss
Hi Michael,

We noticed that nobody got back to you about this.
One thing that I'll say is that you might want to take this issue to sup...@globus.org -- we offer a lot more personalized support through that channel.

I think one of the issues here is that what you're asking is slightly unclear.
If you have a NAS mounted on another machine -- server or laptop -- then typically it will appear as part of that machine's filesystem.
You could mount your NAS on a linux server and install Globus Connect Server (https://docs.globus.org/globus-connect-server/), at which point everything should basically "just work".

If you've already done this and you're having issues accessing your NAS via the Globus Connect Server installation, we're happy to assist.
But if you're asking about a different configuration, please let us know exactly what kind of setup you're looking to create.

Thanks & best,
-Stephen