Delete expired certificates

Chris Taylor

Jun 10, 2020, 12:10:26 AM6/10/20
to User Discuss
Hi- my team and I have taken over management of our Globus server. We need to clean up some old expired certs in /etc/grid-security/certificates. What is the best practice for cleaning things up in here? Is there a way to reduce manual management and automate updating certs, or do sites implement home-grown methods? Thanks.

Lee Liming

Jun 10, 2020, 2:34:15 PM6/10/20
to user-d...@globus.org
Hi Chris,

The Globus software our team supports (Globus Connect Server) doesn't use the /etc/grid-security/certificates directory. So if you're concerned about the contents and you're using Globus Connect Server, you can safely remove anything you need to from that directory without affecting Globus.

If, by chance, you're using older software (from the Globus Toolkit) rather than Globus Connect Server, we discontinued support for that several years ago.  I would encourage you to update your installation with Globus Connect Server, which is described here: https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-server The installation instructions for Globus Connect Server are here: https://docs.globus.org/globus-connect-server-installation-guide/

Best wishes,

Lee Liming
Globus @ University of Chicago