per-user, per-endpoint shared endpoint creation permissions Globus Connect Server v4?

Scott Ruffner

Jul 9, 2020, 11:00:27 AM7/9/20
to user-d...@globus.org
Hi Everyone -

I'm curious whether anyone knows if it's possible to permit shared endpoint creation within a defined endpoint on a per-user basis; right now we've got a single default endpoint, and do not have sharing enabled, but are interesting in enabling sharing for only certain users. This is globus-connect-server v4; I don't see this as an option anywhere, nor do I see it on connect-server-v5, but wanted to see if anyone else has done something like this.

Best,

Scott Rufffner
Research Computing
University of Virginia

Greg Nawrocki

Jul 9, 2020, 11:12:48 AM7/9/20
to user-d...@globus.org, Scott Ruffner
Hi Scott,

See the following section of the GCSv4 Installation Guide:
https://docs.globus.org/globus-connect-server/v4/#controlling_who_can_share

It is referring to the SharingUsersAllow parameter of the globus-connect-server.conf file and there are pretty good comments as to how to use that parameter with the file itself.

Don’t forget to re-run globus-connect-server-setup after you edit the globus-connect-server.conf file.

— Greg

Greg Nawrocki
University of Chicago
Globus