creating nested shared endpoint

Wong-Barnum, Mona

Jun 8, 2020, 9:48:27 PM6/8/20
to develope...@globus.org

Using the Globus CLI, I am able to create nested shared endpoints but this doesn’t seem to work using the Globus REST API; I’m getting this runtime error:

BadRequest(400 Bad Request) on request 'CecRaucE4' resource '/shared_endpoint': Endpoint '47cc5c52-a9c5-11ea-bee5-0e716405a293' is a sharing endpoint

Did I miss something?

Mona

Mona Wong
Web & Mobile Application Developer
San Diego Supercomputer Center

"I've learned that people will forget
what you said, people will forget
what you did, but people will never
forget how you made them feel."
--- Maya Angelou

Wong-Barnum, Mona

Jun 8, 2020, 11:23:41 PM6/8/20
to develope...@globus.org

Sorry my mistake, looks like the Globus CLI also does not allow nested shared endpoint…I’m getting the same error.

Just to be clear, when I say nested shared endpoint, I mean a shared endpoint created from another shared endpoint.

Looks like Globus does allow creating shared endpoint with a path that’s under another shared endpoint, as long as the 2 shared endpoints are created from host endpoint.

Mons

On Jun 8, 2020, at 6:48 PM, Wong-Barnum, Mona <mo...@sdsc.edu> wrote:

Using the Globus CLI, I am able to create nested shared endpoints but this doesn’t seem to work using the Globus REST API; I’m getting this runtime error:

BadRequest(400 Bad Request) on request 'CecRaucE4' resource '/shared_endpoint': Endpoint '47cc5c52-a9c5-11ea-bee5-0e716405a293' is a sharing endpoint

Did I miss something?

Mona

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer